+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world?!

FORT Fan

Where in the world?!

Hi everyone, because FORT has so many people from all over the world, I thought maybe we could start a travel thread? Where are you from? What part of the world interests you most? Where would you like to go? etc, etc.

I'm from Spain and lived in Sweden for a while, but now i'm doing work in Montreal. I love love love Seoul, SK. In my opinion, it's much more unique than Tokyo or Bangkok simply because it's not being over-run by westerners trying to be 'exotic'.

I live in the US (New Jersey) and the only place I've been outside of the US is Canada and Nassau, Bahamas. I'd like to go just about anywhere.

I'm from Ohio, lived in Arizona, and currently live in New England. I've travelled to Canada, Mexico, South America, France, Italy, England, and more recently, Africa. I would love to be able to afford to travel more.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Hi, I'm from Chicago and have lived in Wisconsin, New York, California and Washington, D.C. I've traveled to many places: most of the U.S., Europe, Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales), Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, Denmark), Australia, New Zealand (north and south islands), Tahiti, Bora Bora, Indonesia, Sinagpore, South Korea, Japan, St. Lucia, Jamaica, Bahamas, Bonaire, Mexico etc. etc. etc.

There are so many places I still haven't been that I'd like to visit, including Hong Kong, Antarctica, South Africa, South America, Puerto Rico and the Maldives.

FORT Fan
    South America is amazing. I went to Chile in October to spend my birthday and the people there are amazingly sweet. and so beautiful! Argentina is amazing, too. But as far as south america's nicest people, I think that title definately goes to Brazil! They are so nice there, when they found out I was spanish (my accent is so different than anywhere else, and when I tried to speak portuguese it was even more apparent.) they were so interested and worldly. love love love brazil

I was born and raised in the U.S. but my dream vacations include England, France, Italy, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Egypt, and Germany (there are more places I'd like to go but these would be my first choices). I've been to Mexico and Canada but only day trips. I've lived in New Jersey, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, California and New York and have passed through many states in between. I went to Hawaii on my honeymoon and would love to go back and see sites I didn't see the first time. I took a cruise to Nassau, Bahamas last May and would love to do an Alaskan cruise someday.

If I had the money I'd travel the whole world! Come on lottery numbers, just once please.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Oooh, I forgot about Hawaii! That was one of my favorites! I went for a friend's wedding (she had a huge family and only wanted people to be at her wedding who really would make an effort to be there). It was in the middle of February in New England. It gave me something to look forward to, a nice break from the cold, and when I got back I had a tan and spring was right around the corner.
    Count your blessings!

I live in Canada, but have traveled to the States, England, Scotland and South Africa.

I Is Stephanie
    Well, I was born in a small city halfway between Nowhere and Noplace, but now I live about 20 minutes away from there, in a smal town in North Central Massachusetts. I have been to New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, Florida, Conneticiut, and my favorite states: Vermont and New York. I have also been to the Ronald Reagan International Airport in Washington, DC, have made a stopover in Charlotte, North Carolina, and purchased a book at the Baltimore International Airport in Baltimore, MD. Yeah, I know, not too impressive.

However, I would love to go to Hawaii, my family's homeland of Italy, and, since I am working to become fluent in Spanish, Spain or Mexico.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I live in Alabama and that's the only state I've lived in but in various towns throughout the state.

I've visited Hawaii (twice), New York, Las Vegas (twice), Cancun (twice), San Diego, Washington DC (twice), San Antonio, several sunny stops on cruises...quite a few other places and I'm heading to Lake Tahoe in February!

I would love to go on a safari in Africa (I was so jealous of you Gutmutter!), visit Alaska, Niagara Falls, Tokyo, Australia, Italy and I'd love to go back to New York.

I love to travel and wish that I was able to afford to do it more and take my family with me. I've been lucky enough to go on the majority of these trips due to my fella qualifying for trips through his job but you're not allowed to take your family...only your spouse/S.O. so needless to say, its a sore point with my son that he misses out on these big trips!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast