+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world?!

I was born in Houston, Texas and then moved to Alabama when I was about five. I spent a college semester in Italy and have also been to London and several Canadian cities. I've also driven from San Francisco to Alabama (via Tahoe, Vegas and Grand Canyon) and don't plan to do that again. I really enjoy spending time in Charleston, New Orleans and the beautiful gulf coast of Florida.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Interesting thread! We are quite an international bunch, aren't we?

I was born in Stockholm, Sweden but have spent some time in the U.K. as well, mainly the outskirts of London. When my father was offered a temporary position at IBM in Frankfurt, our family relocated to Germany for six months. I was only five, so I don't remember all that much. I did pick up some German, though, and still know how to order a large glass of apple juice. You never know when that might come in handy. My parents own a house on the Costa Brava, just north of Barcelona, and my fiancé and I try to go there as often as possible. So far, I've been to the U.S. twice (NYC, a stint in Florida including Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and Orlando, and, a couple of years later, San Francisco and the Bay Area) but I'd love to go back. Canada is on my "to visit" list, too.

Other countries I've been to include Denmark, Finland, Italy (I'm in love with Tuscany!), Ireland, France, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago (best vacation ever!), and Belgium. Although we're right next to Norway, I've never been there, for some reason.

jorgefilm, whereabouts in Sweden did you live? And howcome you ended up living there?
    Last edited by geek the girl; 01-29-2007 at 06:30 AM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Fan
    I lived in Umea for 3 years and Stockholm for 2. My father got a job with a swedish company and that's why I lived there. Stockholm's nice, a little predictable for me, though. I actually preferred Umea and Göteborg as cities, even though they're smaller (well göteborg you can't tell so much.)

As I said before I'm living in Montreal now. love it so very very much. Canada in general is just very nice. I prefer it to the states. But in less than a year i'll be moving with my girlfriend to Sao Paulo to do modeling and design.

I'm definitely a Florida gal...born and raised in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area, went to college in Tallahassee, and have lived in and around Orlando for the past 16 years.

My travels haven't taken me too terribly far from home, mostly up and down the east coast as far as New York to the north and Texas to the west. The years I spent married our vacations were limited to anywhere that we could drive to because the husband wouldn't get on a plane, but since that's been over I've added Illinois, Ohio, and Nevada to my list of states that have been visited. My family also went on a cruise for my 16th birthday so I got to see a bit of the Caribbean by visiting the Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Mexico.

I've been to over half the states and one province, mostly missing the middle part of the country, and Hawaii. I haven't left the country yet, but do have a passport. Anybody wanna go out of the US with me, so I'll have someone to blabber to in English?

Oh, and jorgefilm, if you like traveling, check out the vacation pictures thread(s) on FORT. Vacation photos There's some pretty good stuff there, if I, threadhog, say so myself.
    Last edited by queenb; 01-30-2007 at 10:55 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I've lived in Kentucky my entire life (though I've moved around a bit in-state). I've been to 17 states East of the Mississippi River and out west I've been to Texas, Nevada, Colorado, and Iowa. This summer I'm going to be traveling down to Florida, out to Alaska, and probably to Missouri as well.

Lucy, I will fall over laughing if we run into each other in Alaska when I only live one state away.

I've never been out of the country, but would love to go. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford to head out with Queenb.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I joked in another thread that I have lived a sheltered, limited life. This thread proves I wasn't really joking.
    I have lived my whole life in the same small town, in only 4 houses. The current house is only 4 blocks from the house I grew up in. I am the only person I know that has been to both coasts and I've never seen an ocean. I have seen, or at least driven through, most of the central and Rocky Mountain states. I spent a week with my SO's family in a small town south of Birmingham AL.
    I have left the US, once, for a day of shopping in Juarez, Mexico.
    I am lucky that my job sends me to conferences and workshops in "touristy" or at least bigger cities - DC, Vegas, Reno, Park City, Utah, Baltimore.
    One day I hope to need a passport.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2221451;
    I've never been out of the country, but would love to go. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford to head out with Queenb.
    Well, come on. But be warned, I'll be talking on the plane!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2221444;
    I've been to over half the states and one province, mostly missing the middle part of the country, and Hawaii. I haven't left the country yet, but do have a passport.
    *Ahem*. I know we seem to be quite a bit alike, but if you've been to a province, you have actually officially left the United States .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2221612;
    Well, come on. But be warned, I'll be talking on the plane!
    I want to come! And I don't mind talking on the plane as I never sleep on them. Where do you want to go???

I'd like to go to Scotland and Ireland.

I've been to Greece, Egypt, Isreal, India and Italy and 2 days in Madrid Spain.
    I've been to Mexico and Canada and I've traveled around the South US quite a bit. Been to Vermont, Colorado and now California, Oregon and Washington State.

But I'm game to go anywhere except possibly the middle east.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast