+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world?!

I may be the only one here who has never left, nor ever care to leave the U S. I'd like to visit the rest of the states and go back to some, but I don't care to leave "home".

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Muduh, you're like my father in law. He traveled tons when he was younger (in the military etc.) and has had enough of it. He doesn't even like leaving his home! (That said, he does have a pretty nice place!)

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2219283;
    I may be the only one here who has never left, nor ever care to leave the U S. I'd like to visit the rest of the states and go back to some, but I don't care to leave "home".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2219289;
    Muduh, you're like my father in law. He traveled tons when he was younger (in the military etc.) and has had enough of it. He doesn't even like leaving his home! (That said, he does have a pretty nice place!)
    Lois, the fact that your father in law actually travelled outside the U.S. isn't exactly what muduh wants to hear.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Good point. Perhaps I phrased that wrong. He didn't want to travel. He had to. Now he doesn't.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I'm an Ohio girl born and raised although we lived in Colorado Springs for a couple of years after mr. gracie and I got hitched. I've been to all of the states except for the extreme west coast, but unless we can drive there mr. gracie won't go. The only exception he's made was to the Fort convention in LasVegas. I've also been to a lot of Canada and this summer we're going to Nova Scotia to visit my brother and his wife. My dream vacation is going somewhere (anywhere) where you always had to have a passport to go. When I applied to TAR that was the reason I wanted to be on. Everyone else (my brothers, sister and parents) have been around the world and lived in other countries and I just seem to be stuck here.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I like to hear about others travels and I love to travel the states but that's all. There are so many wonderful sights right here tht I'll never get to see now. And of course I end up going back to places that I like instead of venturing out more. We do plan to visit a few more states this summer. We haven't been to New England at all and I know we've missed a lot of beautiful sights there.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;2219340;
    I've also been to a lot of Canada and this summer we're going to Nova Scotia to visit my brother and his wife. My dream vacation is going somewhere (anywhere) where you always had to have a passport to go. When I applied to TAR that was the reason I wanted to be on. Everyone else (my brothers, sister and parents) have been around the world and lived in other countries and I just seem to be stuck here.

If it makes you feel any better, Gracie, you'll need a passport to go to Nova Scotia now.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I know! Isn't it wonderful! Now we have to figure out where mr. gracie was born and get his birth certificate. He thinks he knows, but I'll have to check it out before I make the trip to get it.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fan
    i don't understand why anyone would not want to see the world. i love my country and love to travel it, but there's so much beyond what man made borders i'm confined to now.

I was born and raised in Nashville, Tn. I moved to Cleveland in my early 20's and relocated to Columbus in '78. I did live with my brother for a brief time ('69) in N.C. while he was in the Marines. I've been to about 28 states. I've never traveled to another country. Crossing the border and staying a few days at Niagara Falls doesn't really count IMO.
    I love road trips. Some of my fondest memories from growing up are the road trips our family of 7 would take through the countryside back in Tennessee and driving back to Nashville with my 2 kids when they were young. I went to Bristol, Tn with my son to a NASCAR race and he just loved the ride through the Tennessee hills to get there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast