+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world?!

My baby girl (15) is on her first travel adventure right now. She's in Spain with her dad (my ex) and will return on Sunday. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    Count your blessings!

I was born in the great state of Michigan, then moved to a suburb just south of Toledo, Ohio when I was 10. In the past 30+ years, I have lived in just three houses, all within a mile of each other.

I have traveled to about 35 of the US states and a fair bit in Canada as most of my relatives are Canadians.

I have also been to Costa Rica, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas. And if you let me count the emergency medical landing in Panama City on a flight from Ecuador back to the States, then Panama. Of course, I never left the plane.

I was born in Virginia and live in Virginia, although five hours away. I spent a two-year stint just over the state line in West Virginia.
    But I've traveled a lot; we took a driving/camping trip out West when I was 12, we've gone to all the New England states and every state along the eastern seaboard, plus Ireland, England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Holland and Austria. This summer we're hoping to visit Alaska.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I was born and still live in Montreal, Canada.
    I have been to Italy and Venezuela several times, and have visited Mexico and Gran Cayman Islands during my honeymoon. I'm hoping to one day visit Portugal and Spain.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I was born in Pittsburgh and lived there a while, lived in New Jersey for four years, and then moved to Louisiana. I spent my college days in Mobile. Vacation-wise, I've spent many in Florida during my youth and many in NYC during my older years. Of course, there's the half dozen or so trips San Francisco, Atlanta, Montgomery and Seattle. One of these days I'm going to go to Vegas, but I figure it'll probably be for work before fun. My most "exotic" trip has been to Puerto Rico, but nothing outside the US. I really ought to get a passport one day, because my big travel goals are Scotland, England, parts of Italy, and India. I've got a friend who is originally from Madras and she keeps promising to take me with her on one of her trips back.

Born in Salt Lake City. Lived in Dayton Ohio, Redlands CA, Layton UT, Brigham City UT, Ogden UT and back to Salt Lake City.

I have been to Kentucky, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Nevada and Mexico.

Would love to go to Florida, Hawaii, Australia...lots of places.

Born in the depths of Hades, but won a reprive to the Land of Glory when I was 10. I'm currently living in about 1870, and have for the last quarter-century. I've been to roughly half of the states (mostly just passing through) but haven't been to the two areas that I'd really like to see--the Pacific Northwest and the east coast of Canada. I have friends who summer in Nova Scotia, and they keep inviting me. Maybe some day! Other than that, I don't have much desire to travel, although I will likely make a pilgrimage to the Motherland late next week for a memorial service--talk about mixed emotions!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2217447;
    My baby girl (15) is on her first travel adventure right now. She's in Spain with her dad (my ex) and will return on Sunday. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    where in spain? im from galicia. it's amazing!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Ok...since it looks like alot of us want to visit Australia....let's have the next FORT convention there!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Used to live in Brooklyn, but now live in upstate NY. Have been all over the Empire State. I have been to 23 states so far in the US, coast to coast.

In Canada, I have been to Montreal, Toronto, Niagara Falls, and Vancouver.

In Mexico, I have been to Tijuana....does that count?

I've also been to Spain, Mallorca, England, Scotland, and the Bahamas.

Every 2-3 years, we go "home" to Ireland for a 3-week vacation (hence my avatar).

One of my brothers-in-law is Australian and he and my sister will be moving back there for about 3-5 years, so a visit downunder WILL happen.

I would like to go to Hawaii someday, as well as Greece and Egypt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast