+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world?!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2217337;
    I've been lucky enough to go on the majority of these trips due to my fella qualifying for trips through his job but you're not allowed to take your family...only your spouse/S.O. so needless to say, its a sore point with my son that he misses out on these big trips!
    Would it be possible to include him if you sprung for his plane ticket? He could sleep on the sofa in the hotel room etc.!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2217343;
    Would it be possible to include him if you sprung for his plane ticket? He could sleep on the sofa in the hotel room etc.!
    Not really because there are usually functions (black tie, etc) that are required and he couldn't go to those!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I was born and raised in western New York State. I've lived in New Jersey and have visited 40 of the 50 states. I've been to Canada but thats it.

My dream vacations is Australia, New Zealand, England, and maybe the Virgin Islands.

Wow compared to y'all I'm boring. Born in Milwaukee WI, on the lower south side, moved to the northwest side of town, then to Wauwatosa (a suburb right next to Milwaukee), then to the east side about 2 blocks from great lake Michigan... I like it here, don't like to travel. I walk to work every day. that 4 block hike is murder! My dream vacation is putzing around the city and walking Mona down the hall of our building.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I am from the sunny Caribbean (St.Maarten). I have traveled quite a bit but its been mostly around the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. I have been to the following cities (some more than once): Miami, Orlando, Tampa, New York, New Jersey, Seattle, Los Angeles, Las Vegas.
    As for Canada, I have only been to 2 provinces (Ontario and British Columbia) but several cities: Toronto, Niagara Falls, Prince Rupert, Vancouver and Whistler.
    Most recently, I took 2 cruises (2003 & 2006). One was a cruise to the last frontier that is Alaska. Boy was that truly an adventure of a lifetime. I look forward to visiting it again someday. Beautiful natural beauty which really leads you to believe that nature and God are great. The cruise stopped in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. Also cruised through Sawyer Glacier and took a seaplane tour through Mistly Fjords. The second cruise was to the Western Caribbean (Jamaica, Labadee (haiti), Cayman Islands and Mexico). Very nice places but very similar to where I live. I have also been to several islands in the Caribbean like Curacao, Saba, St.Kitts, St.John, St.Thomas, and Puerto Rico. The last 2 islands are frequent weekend getaways for me.
    I would love to take a tour throughout Europe, Australia, and the Asia-Pacific. I would love to visit the Bahamas and Hawaii too.

I was born in Kettering, England.

I moved every 4 years or thereabout until I was done with college. So I rotated through: England, California, Northern Ireland, California, England and California...yep that is the whole cycle.

As for places I have visited:

I've been to about 20 states (CA, Washington, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, New York, Wisconsin, Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, the Dakotas, West Virginia, Maine, Utah, Oregon, PA, Nevada)...those are the ones I can remember of the top of my head, but I know I have been to more.

I've been to Canada three times and Washington DC twice.

In Europe I have been to England, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Estonia, Greece, Armenia, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Germany, France, Austria and Italy...I think that is it....but there could be more....oh Nagorno Karabakh.

I have also been to Panama.

Yes, I do realize how supremely luck I am to have gone to all of these places. The one place that I haven't been to that I would like to go, although I could list quite a few, is Australia.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 01-26-2007 at 08:44 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I am from Ontario, Canada and have travelled to Las Vegas, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York and some other states. I would love to go to someplace in the carribean or Hawaii

I was born in Chocolate Town, USA (Hershey, PA - not to be confused with that other town that makes chocolate beginning with the letter N ) and later moved to a small town just south for high school.

In the U.S., I've lived in Savannah, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Milwaukee, Cape May, N.J., Petaluma, C.A., Cape Canaveral, F.L., Portsmouth, N.H. and Cape Cod, M.A..

As far as world travels go, I've been to over 50 countries ranging from Vladivostok, Russia to Pago Pago, Samoa (where I got my first tattoo). The majority of my travels have been in the South Pacific and Caribbean.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2217422;
    As far as world travels go, I've been to over 50 countries ranging from Vladivostok, Russia to Pago Pago, Samoa (where I got my first tattoo). The majority of my travels have been in the South Pacific and Caribbean.
    And we have a winner (if we were to have a world traveler contest!)! Wow--impressive. I'm jealous!

I have never been to Hawaii and would still like to visit there some day.

I was born and raised and currently live in Michigan. I lived in Georgia for about a year but that is the only time I have not lived in Michigan. I have traveled around the US but not nearly as much as I would like. I have been to Canada a few times and Toronto is my favorite place up there.

In college I spent a month studying in Brazil and traveled around the southern portion of the country and we were able to do some stops in Uruguay and Argentina.

After I graduated college I backpacked through Europe for 6 weeks and visited Ireland, England, Scotland, France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, and the Netherlands. I went back to Europe about a year ago and hit Spain, and Monaco.

I have also been all over the Caribbean and made a couple of stops in Central America. I have been to Costa Rica, Belize, Honduras and Mexico.

I would love to go to Australia, Africa, Scandinavia, Greece and Nepal someday. I love Italy and can't ever see myself getting tired of visiting there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast