+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Losing a Mom

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Losing a Mom

Hi priji, welcome to FORT.

If you are sad because it reminds you of a lost loved one, a parent perhaps, you have my deepest sympathy. This is a tough time of year for missing those we've lost.

If you haven't experienced the loss of a parent, or close loved one, then I want to thank you for your sympathy and your empathy. It is a sad thread. Ultimately, it is an uplifting thread though, because of all the support offered, the words of condolences, and the shoulders kindly willing to take on the tears.

Happy holidays to you...

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2712511;
    I wasn't sure where to post this.

First let me offer my thoughts, prayers for those remembering and having a difficult time because of losses ... both recent and somewhat distant. The Holidays are a very tough time.

We just got word that a family friend has decided that hospice is the best option for himself and his family. The prognosis is weeks and he probably will not make it until Christmas.

I just cannot get this family out of my mind.

The thought of this family gathering around their husband/father and sharing this vigil during the Holiday Season just breaks my heart into a million pieces. I know there is nothing I can do, and it is difficult to know what to say.

I remember when a best friend passed, the minister spoke of a re-birth rather than a death and it brought some comfort, as I hope it does for all of you.

I only hope this family will not forever at Christmas, be saddened when reminded of this ending chapter, but can see it as a beginning. That after all, is what Christmas is about.

Please say some extra prayers for them.
    Our friend passed on Friday.
    He was a good and kind man with a wonderful family. He was a husband, a father a Grandfather ... and a respected Marine Corps Veteran recipient of the Silver Star Medal for Valor in Vietnam ... which is no small honor. He succumbed to a cancer caused by the hideous defoliant known as Agent Orange that was sprayed in Vietnam.

Please keep his surviving family in your prayers during this holiday season.

And when you see an old guy with a military hat ... say thank you in memory.

Good Night.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

echo. I will keep his family in my prayers

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Echo, you have my condolences on the loss of your dear family friend. My he rest in peace.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

echo...I'm sorry to hear of your friends passing. My sympathies to his family.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

My sympathies. I always thank veterans and soldiers and will do so now in his memory.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Echo - My condolences on your friends passing. Whenever I see a Vet, I usually shake their hand and thank them for serving. Usually they are surprised that someone did that.

I also do the same for Police and Firefighters, as well as usually buying the cops their coffee when I see them at Starbucks and usually about once a month I take a box of doughnuts and bagels and stuff to the fire house 4 blocks from my apartment.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2721749;
    Our friend passed on Friday.
    He was a good and kind man with a wonderful family. He was a husband, a father a Grandfather ... and a respected Marine Corps Veteran recipient of the Silver Star Medal for Valor in Vietnam ... which is no small honor. He succumbed to a cancer caused by the hideous defoliant known as Agent Orange that was sprayed in Vietnam.

Please keep his surviving family in your prayers during this holiday season.

And when you see an old guy with a military hat ... say thank you in memory.

Good Night.

I am so sorry to hear this news, Echo.

I will keep you and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the reminder that no, freedom isn't free.

Hugs to you and yours.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

I lost my Mom 5 years ago..and not a day goes by that I do not feel her near me; looking over me, loving me, guiding me. Everytime I see a photo of her, my heart breaks all over again.

Storm. I'm sorry for your loss.

+ Reply to Thread