+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Losing a Mom

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Losing a Mom

PA Snow Bunny: I read in the Project Runway forum about your mom passing away suddenly. I didn't think that was the appropriate thread to offer my condolences so I hope you don't mind me mentioning here. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Nothing hits you like the death of a parent, especially when it's unexpected. I didn't expect my mom to die the day she did. I took her to a doctor appointment that morning and she was in such bad shape, they called 911 and had her admitted to the hospital. She only lived a few more hours after that.

If you ever need to talk, please send me a message.
    Kip likes this.

My condolences to everyone on the loss on their mother. I still have mine. I am very fortunate.

I wish I could give all of you a hug through the internet. I know your moms are very proud of you. And if you could them what they would want if they were alive today, I know they would say that they only want YOU happy. Please be good to yourselves.
    Kip, Cootie and inthegarden like this.
    You can do it!

My mom died when I was six.

One of the lasting memories of my life is my telling my first grade teacher, "my Mommie died, and her response, "So did mine".
    The child in me still has me hoping she ends up roasting in hell if she isn't already there.
    Punkin likes this.

Maybe she was trying to show empathy?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I don't know where to put this. My mother died last week

Today it has been a full week and I am still just in shock I think

She died on the 4th and we buried her on the 8th

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: I don't know where to put this. My mother died last week

I'm so sorry, tapper, to hear your sad news. My sincere condolences on the loss of your mother. Hugs to you.

condolences-0956.gif
    tapper01 likes this.

tapper, I am so sorry.
    I remember after my Mom died for the longest time I had to "act" normal, because normal no longer existed for me. There was one day, a week or so after her death. I was home alone and I went into my room and just let it all go. I cried, I screamed, I cursed and I cried and cried. Oddly, I think it helped a little. The pain will eventually dull and you will able to BE normal rather than ACTING normal. It will take time. Hugs to you.
    tapper01 and Baby's Breath like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Thank you.

And thank you for putting it in the right thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    Thank you.

And thank you for putting it in the right thread.
    This is certainly the right thread. It took me years to post here and once I did, I was able to find others who understood my pain. It turned the pain I was feeling into a celebration of my mom's life and all our moms' lives for that matter. I am here for you. And I am so sorry for your loss.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so sorry for your loss, tapper.

Just yesterday, I suddenly felt an overwhelming pain at the loss of my mother 8 years ago. Wow, it's hard to believe it's been so long. My pain yesterday was as bad as a week after she died.

I was driving home from work and I don't remember exactly what triggered it but I started thinking of all the things I'll never get to share with her again, all the events that have happened since she died, all the things I wish I could tell her, and it made me unbelievably sad. Thank goodness I only live a few miles from home so I was able to get there before the tears came.

Until then, I thought I was finally coming to terms with her passing and could begin to think about her again but it's still too soon. Maybe someday I'll be able to think of her and only remember the happy times, without thinking of how it hurt to lose her and how much it changed me.

I'm sure a lot will change for you, too, tapper, but you can always come here to vent and get support from people who care and have been through a similar experience.
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread