+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Losing a Mom

Re: Losing a Mom

My family has been through quite a bit in the last year and there was recently an incident with my son in the last few weeks that has left me bitter and angry. Last night as I tried to sleep, I prayed that my Mom would help me find my way through this as she always knew what to do. My Mom loved windchimes. Wherever we went on vacation, she would get one and our little side porch must have had 30 of them. I now have a collection of my own but only about 6. I woke up this morning to a very windy day and my windchimes are making the most beautiful music. I can feel my Mom so close and know that she is with us.
    buglover, lopevian, Cootie and 4 others like this.
    CYA

What a blessing for you!
    Bunny555 likes this.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Oh, Bunny555, that is so beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to feel her love all around you, especially now.

That evil bastard will pay, Bunny. Maybe not in this life, but he will pay.

Our Moms not only shared a first name, but a love of wind chimes. My Mom had them in her backyard, and it's always comforting to hear them. Wishing you more windy mornings! I don't know how you are coping, but I'm sending you very good thoughts and the warmest of wishes. You are a wonderful person and a wonderful friend. Your Mom is so very proud of her brave and strong daughter!
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 03-28-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Bunny555 likes this.

I am so pleased for you Bunny555.
    Bunny555 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

would like 2 tell you some thing

i just would like 2 tell you all something that my mother just past on last sunday and if you can help me out with this i know that you may not know me but i just what like some help here please from ladyjade thank-you.

Re: would like 2 tell you some thing

ladyjade I am so sorry for your mother's passing. My mother passed just over a year ago and it is a very hard thing to go through. Try and remember the good times you had.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing, ladyjade. I hope it's a comfort knowing you are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Ladyjade, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so sorry for your loss, ladyjade. There's no magic remedy that will ease the pain you're going through. It just takes time.

I was very emotional for about a month after my mom died. I fluctuated between feeling numb, unable to believe that she was gone and not understanding how people could go on with their lives unaffected while my family was going through heck, and bursting out crying over things that even minimally reminded me of my mom. Her passing profoundly changed me.

There was so much I took for granted while she was alive. She fulfilled so many little requirements in my life I never fully recognized until she was no longer there. When I was having a good day and had something to celebrate or if I was having a bad day and needed someone to console me, she was always the first person I called. If I needed the address or phone number of another relative or wanted to know when Aunt Sally's birthday was and needed gift ideas, I could always turn to her. Etc, etc, etc.

Since she's been gone, I've had to take on some of those responsibilites myself or find other people to fulfill those roles. None of them can ever fill the most important role, though, of being my mother and that's what hurts the most.

Take care, ladyjade. We're here for you if you need someone to vent to or need advice.
    Cootie likes this.

ladyjade, I am so sorry to read of the passing of your mother. I imagine you have read through the posts in this thread if you found your way here. But if you haven't, there are many words of wisdom contained within. You may even laugh a bit and enjoy some of the stories we have shared about our mom's as we celebrated them. With Mother's Day coming up, it is a tough time of year for all of us who have lost our moms, but for you the loss is so new that you are dealing with much more. It took me many years to even be able to write about mine here. What I learned is that it helped me to share with this nice group of people we call FORT. I hope the same happens to you, but it will take time I am sure.

It is clear by the pain you showed in your post that you were close to your mom. Did you live near her? Did you talk to her often? I know that as pikachu mentioned, I have ended up trying to preserve information that my mom used to take care of. I have boxes of photos and geneaology, etc. My dad wanted to have one of the "kids" take care of those things so I offered. Are you having to deal with giving away her clothes, etc? It took me many years to get that all done as I live in another state, but we gave many of my mom's clothes to her favorite charity - that felt good. It has helped me to do purposeful things in honor of my mom all these years since she died, things that I would have called her up and shared with her if she had been alive. She loved furniture refinishing projects, garden planting, road trips, sewing, etc. She is a very quiet presence in my life these days, having been deceased since 2001. But not forgotten. Each memory, fond or awkward, that I have is a way to keep her with me. I hope the same can happen to you.

Feel free to ask for specific advice if you have to deal with something you don't know how. There is a pool of knowledge here that could help you.

Take care!
    lopevian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread