+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Losing a Mom

Re: Losing a Mom

My mom used to amaze us in many ways. After having 7 kids, I distinctly remember her doing handstands and cartwheels in our backyard! She was probably about 32 at the time (which we thought was ancient ). She had two more children after that - I think she was way too busy after that.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Cootie, I just know how busy your Mom was, because I remember how busy my Mom was with her seven kids! Mom never did acrobatics, but she was a damn good ping-pong player. J.D., I say give it a go! I bet you could pull it off in spectacular fashion. I wear eyebrow pencil, so for me it was a cautionary tale as well as a funny story.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3514908;
    Cootie, I just know how busy your Mom was, because I remember how busy my Mom was with her seven kids! Mom never did acrobatics, but she was a damn good ping-pong player. J.D., I say give it a go! I bet you could pull it off in spectacular fashion. I wear eyebrow pencil, so for me it was a cautionary tale as well as a funny story.
    Well, I do use the brown pencil, but the purple sharpie is calling my name!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3515711;
    Well, I do use the brown pencil, but the purple sharpie is calling my name!
    I may or may not have heard a rumor that a certain rock star has a fondness for chicks with interesting brows

Thanks again for sharing your Mom stories Lopevian

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3515718;
    I may or may not have heard a rumor that a certain rock star has a fondness for chicks with interesting brows

Thanks again for sharing your Mom stories Lopevian
    That squealing sound you just heard was the tires on my car speeding over to the office supply store for a carton of sharpies. That gives me 2 weeks to practice before the show in July. I might even go all out and pick up some glitter.

(Sorry mom, I know you are up there reading this and shaking your head. )

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3516209;
    That squealing sound you just heard was the tires on my car speeding over to the office supply store for a carton of sharpies. That gives me 2 weeks to practice before the show in July. I might even go all out and pick up some glitter.

(Sorry mom, I know you are up there reading this and shaking your head. )
    Like I said J.D., Go For It!!! Enjoy the show! (My big concert extravaganza is a Sound of Music sing-a-long at the Hollywood Bowl, and I can't wait... ) ***My pleasure, Bunny!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

My mom would have been 82 today (yes, Halloween). I want to say thanks to all of you who have posted here about your moms and to those of you who have celebrated my mom's memories with me. The discussions we have had and the stories posted have helped me deal with the loss in such a great way.

I spent the weekend doing a small remodeling project. I think that my mom would have liked discussing all the details with me and would have been proud of the fact that I measured three times and only cut once or twice! I do think of her especially when I am doing house projects. She would have approved...

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4095313;
    My mom would have been 82 today (yes, Halloween). I want to say thanks to all of you who have posted here about your moms and to those of you who have celebrated my mom's memories with me. The discussions we have had and the stories posted have helped me deal with the loss in such a great way.

I spent the weekend doing a small remodeling project. I think that my mom would have liked discussing all the details with me and would have been proud of the fact that I measured three times and only cut once or twice! I do td.hink of her especially when I am doing house projects. She would have approved...
    HUGZ! Thank you so much for posting on this very important thread.

Your mom is surely proud, and with you, from wherever she is now. I believe that.

I miss my mother SO much....
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4095313;

I spent the weekend doing a small remodeling project. I think that my mom would have liked discussing all the details with me and would have been proud of the fact that I measured three times and only cut once or twice! I do think of her especially when I am doing house projects. She would have approved...
    Cootie, your Mom was right there with you as you did your remodeling project, and I know she was impressed and proud.

I want to thank you for sharing your wonderful stories about your Mom. I am still so impressed by her athletic abilities.

We all miss our Mom's more than words could ever express. It has been nearly four years since Mom passed, and I still have moments where I think "I have to tell that to Mom". Just a split second, and then I remember she is gone. I am at the point now where I can watch videos of her unmuted. Her voice both cuts me like a knife and fills my heart with joy.

Velvet, my heart goes out to you. I know how badly you miss her, so bad it just aches.

With the holidays before us, I hope we can take comfort in our memories. May our dear Moms rest in peace, and may they help our friends who are suffering.

we all miss our moms during these times. I always say the last half of the year is the worst for me. My mother got hospitalized in July, found out she was dying from cancer, died in August.......her birthday is in Sept. Then mine in December and those pesky holidays in between and after! Love to all of you during these difficult months.

Lope...... did the sound of music thing happen already? I know we should be getting a movie theater thing happening soon...... I may drag hubby to that one!! My mother and I watched that movie from beginning to end so many times I could probably recite it in my sleep! Awww...memories!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread