+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Losing a Mom

MRD

Re: Losing a Mom

Livin', that was beautiful and a great tribute to your mom.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Livin4reality, your post was beautiful and deeply moving. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

Livin4reality, thanks for posting your thoughts. I think as we get older, we do get more insight on our moms and what they gave to us every day. It is the little things that I treasure even now.

Cheers to you and all of those who frequent this thread.

MRD

It's been 8 years today that my mom passed. I haven't really thought about in the past few years. Would usually remember after the fact. I don't know why today that I thought about it. I'm not sad. It's just one of those days that I know what I was doing 8 years ago.

I still think it was a blessing. But I do miss her. And then thinking about it today has made it a sort of bittersweet day as I think about all the funny moments we had and wish I could just talk to her one more time.

MRD. Take it easy on yourself today.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD, after reading about your mom in your previous posts, I bet you do have some funny moments to recall. Hopefully those sweet memories will help you continue to feel okay on this anniversary.

buglover, Lopevian, TribalSpeak, livin4reality, myrosiedog, and anyone I missed because I didn't want to read more.

Your moms are always with you as are they are part of who you are; and who your children are; and who their children will be. I cannot imagine having to lose my mom or dad. I am so very grateful that they are both around and close in distance and in heart. Special times of the year are always very difficult to get through, but if you remember to include those who have passed, even in your heart and thoughts, or by a small unseen gesture, they are there with you at those moments in time.

My heart goes out to everyone who has lost a parent, or child, or pet, this past year.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3287879;
    It's been 8 years today that my mom passed. I haven't really thought about in the past few years. Would usually remember after the fact. I don't know why today that I thought about it. I'm not sad. It's just one of those days that I know what I was doing 8 years ago.

I still think it was a blessing. But I do miss her. And then thinking about it today has made it a sort of bittersweet day as I think about all the funny moments we had and wish I could just talk to her one more time.

You're not sad, but you feel a bit empty, you smile thinking of the good things, but reflect on other things. Just know that I'm thinking of you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Thanks all. I have started wearing my hair different lately and have let the gray go around the temples and I am starting to look more like my mom. It almost gives me a start to look in the mirror.

Yep, she was a great one. Lots of funny moments. My family was always big on laughs and jokes and my mom was a great storyteller.

But I like to think that I"m a credit to her and my dad. I think they'd be proud of who and what I've become. Still miss them. And I do feel a little empty. But I also don't think I could be half the person I am today had I not gone through what I went through as they were both sick and dying. I proved that I can handle just about anything and survive it. I didn't know that before. So while that may sound callus and I don't mean it to be, looking back and knowing that I was able to handle things and come out the other end did a lot for my own confidence.

I stare in the mirror and notice my nose looks exactly like my mother's nose looked as she got older. The thin skin, the redness, etc. As much as I don't want to age, I find a little comfort knowing I am my mother's daughter and I look just like her. I will never forget what she looked like as I am the image of her!
    I agree about not being the person we are now without having gone through what we have. I tell people, the silly things you are upset about are nothing compared to losing a parent or a child. Feel blessed that you only need to worry about these silly things in life. I know that no matter what is thrown my way, I will make it because I made it through those incredibly awful and difficult times and nothing, and I mean nothing can compare to them.
    I found my way out of the deep dark pit. I crawled to the top and saw the light. Nothing can be as difficult as that, nothing. Once you've been to the bottom you realize you can achieve anything!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread