+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Losing a Mom

Re: Losing a Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3258826;
    A toast to your Mom, Lopevian...
    +1

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Thank you, Cootie and Tribal Speak. Tribal, you were in my thoughts on Christmas. I hope the weather was good, and that you found your Mom's sacred ground with ease. My Dad and I were at the cemetary yesterday. On Christmas Day, 2002, my parents and I visited the cemetary. We couldn't believe our eyes! It was so beautiful. Most of the graves had been decorated. It was a blanket of trimmed trees, candy canes, pointsettas, nativity scenes, santas... We were deeply moved. When we reached my Grandmother's grave (my Mom's Mom), a visiting family was just leaving. Buried next to Grandma is their sister, who died at age 15, in 1964. Every year since then, they've brought a decorated tree to her grave. Growing up, my Mom never had a Christmas tree. Her Mom didn't want the "mess". My Mom, realizing that Grandma had had a tree above her since being buried there in 1974, smiled, and softly said, "well Mom, you always said over my dead body". RIP, dear Mom.
    Last edited by lopevian; 12-29-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Buglover, I forgot to say what a wonderful Christmas gift from your thoughtful and talented son! Now there's a very, very good reason to bawl like a baby!

I agree! I'm glad we all got through our holiday even though we missed our moms. My aunt did begin to cry at dinner because this is the first holiday without my grandmother.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3259193;
    ...Tribal, you were in my thoughts on Christmas. I hope the weather was good, and that you found your Mom's sacred ground with ease. ...
    Thanks, lopevian. The weather was okay. There was about 2 1/2 feet of snow there. I was off by about 25 yards, to start, and was just digging randomly. Fifteen, or so, minutes of that revealed that I could be there for a long time and needed a plan. I could see were the rows were because each headmarker (that wasn't an upright) was indicated by a slight depression on the snow surface. So I picked the row which I was more or less certain of, picked a direction, and focused on digging at the depressions along that row. About another 15 minutes later, I found her. I have better bearings now. The snow was light and the cookie sheet worked well. It is a nice cemetery. Kind of in a forested area, away from noise and traffic. Was there from 9:00 - 10:00 AM. I was the only one there. It was very nice, quiet and peaceful. A few birds chirping once in awhile, to add to the ambience.

Cheers.

Tribal Speak, it does sound like you had a peaceful visit to your Mom's resting place. Also, the cemetary sounds beautiful and peaceful. I am glad the cookie sheet was helpful, and that you found her shortly after formulating a plan. Your Mom, I don't doubt, was watching over you...perhaps even guiding you. Best wishes to you in the new year. The grieving may lessen with time, but the missing will never go away. I hope that you are doing okay. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. Good thoughts, and well wishes. Take care...as best you can. Sending you a cyber hug.

I just want to say:

Mom, you've been gone 12 years as of today. It is always a sad day for me. I know my brothers and sisters are having sad days too. I miss you so much and love you. I never fully realized how wonderful you were until you were gone. The older I get the more I appreciate you and how you brought me up. I know someday our spirits will meet again and instantly know each other. Until then Mom..you are in my heart.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3260561;
    I just want to say:

Mom, you've been gone 12 years as of today. It is always a sad day for me. I know my brothers and sisters are having sad days too. I miss you so much and love you. I never fully realized how wonderful you were until you were gone. The older I get the more I appreciate you and how you brought me up. I know someday our spirits will meet again and instantly know each other. Until then Mom..you are in my heart.
    You brought tears to my eyes ...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

livin4reality, beautiful words!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

livin4reality Beautiful words for your mom...I know she heard you....bless you
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread