+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Losing a Mom

Re: Losing a Mom

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3257076;
    Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. Enjoy your friends and family, enjoy the food, traditions and merriment, and by all means, enjoy the Memosas. It'll be Tequilla Sunrises for me, no matter what time of day I actually get to it. Tall, and numerous.
    I'm bringing mom with me to Christmas festivities at my aunt's house. My grandma's ashes are there so I'll set her next to her and they can share in our evening.

I've got the champagne and orange juice chilling for our mimosas! What a great idea!!!

Merry Christmas and please hug yourselves and your loved ones for me and my family during this difficult season. Love you all and please know our parents are all looking down at us and feeling a little jealous they cannot have our beverages right there with us!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have my mom here with me too, not her ashes, but her ornaments, recipes, and so many things. I am ready for my breakfast toast - I had the champagne but figured out after my "last" shopping trip yesterday that I was without orange juice! I will keep all of you in my thoughts.

Have a lovely, wonderful Christmas! I am going to have a Christmas Eve cocktail(a Pamakazi) soon and begin the festivities!

MRD

I have begun. I am having a spiked egg nog right now while we wait for everything to get finished cooking.

Many blessed thoughts to you all. Our mom's would be proud of all of us I think.

And I'm sure they are all smiling down right now.

Merry Christmas.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I thought about all of you yesterday! I hope your Christmas was filled with love and warm thoughts and memories.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3257684;
    I thought about all of you yesterday! I hope your Christmas was filled with love and warm thoughts and memories.
    I did too famita, as I also thought of you!

Sending hugs to each of you
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My son drew and painted a portrait of my mother for me for Christmas. Can you say bawl? I really did!! I was so touched and it wasn't perfect but it captured the essence of my mom so well I cried like a child. That was the best gift I have ever gotten, ever!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3257984;
    My son drew and painted a portrait of my mother for me for Christmas. Can you say bawl? I really did!! I was so touched and it wasn't perfect but it captured the essence of my mom so well I cried like a child. That was the best gift I have ever gotten, ever!!
    What a wonderful idea bug and what a great son you have raised!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Oh, Bug - that's wonderful! What a fantastic gift ...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3257133;
    I'm bringing mom with me to Christmas festivities at my aunt's house. My grandma's ashes are there so I'll set her next to her and they can share in our evening.
    I've got the champagne and orange juice chilling for our mimosas! What a great idea!!!

Merry Christmas and please hug yourselves and your loved ones for me and my family during this difficult season. Love you all and please know our parents are all looking down at us and feeling a little jealous they cannot have our beverages right there with us!
    I always put Dad on top of the TV when Florida plays and he will be there during the champtionship game on Jan. 8. Poor mom went to FSU, so she never gets to sit on the tv during games. I'm sure she would understand though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A toast to your Mom, Lopevian...

+ Reply to Thread