+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Losing a Mom

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Losing a Mom

gagi, thank you for sharing your very touching story. You have my condolences on the loss of your parents. It is wonderful that you had that time with your father, and I know he appreciated your tender loving care. Whenever I hear "mares eat oats, and does eat oats...", I'll think of you, your Dad, and your wonderful story.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order

Thanks, everyone! I really needed to talk to someone about my dad, and you were the perfect people to do that with!

It's amazing how a major loss can bring everyone together. I am so glad that this is more than a place where I can talk about Big Brother and my other reality show favs.

gagi, a blog was posted by buglover, entitled "I am Free". It is beautiful.
    We'll all be here for you.

I want all of us to go out and purchase something nice for ourselves for Mother's Day next weekend and think wonderful thoughts of our Mother's. I will be thinking about all of you!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2964702;

I want all of us to go out and purchase something nice for ourselves for Mother's Day next weekend and think wonderful thoughts of our Mother's. I will be thinking about all of you!
    That is so sweet of you Buglover. It is a hard day when my grandmother and mother are gone and I have no one left to do anything for. When is Mother's day? It's not this sunday is it? I hope not as I want to spend it being waited on and I can't do that this Sun.

I too will be thinking of all of you that have lost your mom's this Mother's Day and sending hugs as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I believe it's next Sunday mrd. My grandmother and mother are gone as well so I will send my aunt a card and take myself out for a nice dinner.
    Yup, with donuts!!

That's a lovely idea, buglover. I hope everyone missing a cherished mom/grandmother will have the best day possible. For many, it's one of the loneliest days of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2964702;

I wish that we didn't all have have this in common but what a lovely idea bug. Thanks for suggesting it.
    CYA

I went to the cemetery yesterday to visit mom and dad. I took a planter for mom, and stopped at the drugstore to pick up some gumdrops (it was something we did weekly the last year she was here - she loved gumdrops) - and checking out they had packets of little american flags - which we had looked for all weekend elsewhere because I wanted it for my dad's grave. and a small fragrant plant that I loved the smell of.
    so enjoyed a little gumdrop snack with mom (and left her some - they may not like it but it felt right). Flags on my dad's grave (he was a vet). and had a nice talk with them.
    and now I'm enjoying the lovely smell of the little gift from my mom.

dad passed away on Mother's day 12 years ago - so we really hadn't done the actual day for years - but we always did the Derby day together.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm going to "decorations" today where my dad is buried....for those that may not know (this may be a Southern thing)...decorations is when we go to the cemetary and put new bright pretty flowers on the graves. In my situation, today is decorations for my dad's side of the family. I know some people who have dinner on the ground at some local church but we actually go back to my aunt's (the only surviving member of my dad's family) to eat....unbelievably good food...a rough day for a Weight Watchers member like me! I had to make some WW food to carry just so I knew I wouldn't completely go off course!

I always love going to decorations but for some reason this year I feel sad...daddy has been gone 12 years so its not a "anniversary" year...I guess because my son is 15 and driving and my dad would have gotten a kick out of that and because he's got a new grandson (his last grandchild) and it always makes me sad knowing he lived to see 2 of his grandchildren born but missed out on the other 2 kids my brother had.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread