+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Losing a Mom

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Losing a Mom

Thank's so much, bbnbama. Now I'm crying too. Tears for all of our losses.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

lopevian, what a wonderful and beautiful memory you have...and what a gift your mom left for you. You are loved.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2816210;
    Hugs to you all. I know how it feels as well. Mine have been gone now 7 and almost 9 years. It is easier at times at others its still fresh.
    It really is. My dad's been gone 17 years. Last week I was helping my boyfriend pair up his socks after we did laundry and spotted a pair of brown socks I didn't know he had. They looked SO much like my dad's old socks, and I hadn't thought of his socks probably since *before* he died, but it just brought back the memory and I nearly cried. I don't even know what we did with his socks.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

lopevian; What a truely moving story that was. Your Mom did pass knowing that you were safe and happy. No Mother could leave their child otherwise. What a gift of love you have been given knowing that.

Lucy; Isn't it strange what can evoke our memories? To this day I can't smell Old Spice or Chanel #5 without thinking that my Dad or Mom are in the room.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2817925;
    It really is. My dad's been gone 17 years. Last week I was helping my boyfriend pair up his socks after we did laundry and spotted a pair of brown socks I didn't know he had. They looked SO much like my dad's old socks, and I hadn't thought of his socks probably since *before* he died, but it just brought back the memory and I nearly cried. I don't even know what we did with his socks.
    Oh Lucy, I'm so sorry for your loss. We all belong to a little club that I wish we didn't. My friends who haven't lost either of their parents--I envy them...and I also feel so badly that they will feel this way one day.

I still have a storage unit I pay for monthly that contains all my mother's stuff from our old house. It takes me 2-3 years to go into it and begin to throw things out and find things that should be kept. It's been almost 8 years since she passed but it whacks me out to go in there and look at stuff from my childhood that she kept for sentimental reasons. Namaste to all of you who have gone through this grief process and continue to deal with it daily.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Lopevian, what a beautiful moving story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I believe your mom wanted you to be at the happiest place on earth too.

Buglover, I too still have boxes of stuff and its been several years. I manage to go through a few boxes a year, but I get overwhelmed and cant' finish. I have a lot of my parents furniture and quite a few family heirlooms that lived in their h ouse since I was a child and now live in mine. So I am reminded of them daily as I use this stuff or see it.
    (I had an idiot guest in my home-first and last visit-say to me that I had some really nice "things" and it "must be nice" to have them. It was said so sarcastically and rudely I just looked at her and said: "my family had to die for me to get these, I'd gladly give it all back if I could have my parents and grandmother and aunt back". That shut her up. It just really po'ed me for anyone to say anything like that. Whether I inherited the things or worked hard to purchase them myself, its rude to say: "must be nice".)

Bunny, I can't smell Chanel #5 without getting teary eyed. Doesn't seem like as many people wear it anymore, but I can identify it the minute I smell it. It was the only perfume my mom wore.

Lois, its a sad club and as I get older it seems like the club gets larger as my friends parents start to go. My parents had both been sick for a long time and while their passing released them from pain and suffering and they were both very prepared to go, I guess we never are prepared to lose them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2818197;
    I guess we never are prepared to lose them.
    That is so true, myrosiedog. Lois, Lucy, Bunny, buglover, bbnbama and myrosiedog, my heart goes out to all of you.

bumping this thread for one of our own who just lost their mom...

thank you lois lane, you're so sweet. my mum passed yesterday morning peacefully from complications in cervical cancer that spread to her lungs. i'm so glad she isn't suffering and the last words i had for her were: you're my best friend and i love you with all my heart. may all of you appreciate your mums and papas...they truly are so special in all our lives.

+ Reply to Thread