+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 107 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Cutest things you've heard your kids say

or, nieces, nephews etc.

My daughter was 5 when her great-grandmother died.

We were driving one day and out of the blue she said, "Mommy, Grammy is in heaven right? I said yes she is hunnie,
    she then said,
    well,,is it a long drive???
    ahh what a sweetie huh?
    makes me smile when I think of that
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

My daughter asks,"Mommy, can I have some chocolate pudding?"
    "No sweetie, I did not buy any at the store."
    "I am so just appointed in you, Mommy!" :nono

I love when they are not sure what the word is but use it right. I try to tell her the word is disappointed and she just says, "NO"
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

My 5-year-old daughter's preschool teacher came to our house for a visit a couple of weeks ago. After the teacher left, my daughter suddenly remembered something.

"Dad!" she said, "We forgot to show her my room!"
    I replied that I didn't realize she had wanted to show her room to her teacher.
    My daughter hung her head and said in this very sad voice, "Yeah. That's my fault."

It was so unbelievably cute. I started laughing and hauled her in for a hug. Her sadness disappeared right away.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Well, my son is only 17 months old, so he doesn't say much. He trying to pick up new words every day though. I'll say a word and he'll try to repeat it. A few nights ago during his bath I said "Hand me your turtle and I'll wind it up for you." He handed it to me, and his attempt at "turtle" came out simply "turd."

Any Paulie, I can so see your daughter saying that! She's a sweetie!

FORT Fogey
    When my daughter was about 2 she used to say she would take me to "the man billage" she meant the man village from Jungle book, she thought is was a punishment and she would say it when she was mad at me!

When my 3-year-old daughter (now 18!) would get mad at me she would say "why are you being such a PIRATE MOM?"

I have no idea where she got it, but it would crack me up every time she said it which only made her more angry!

I have another story about something she said, but it wasn't so much cute as embarrassing. We were in a department store one day and suddenly Meghan threw herself to the floor pretending to cry. A saleswoman said "what's wrong honey?" and Meg said in a veerryy dramatic voice "Oh, my husband knocks me down!"

The woman looked at me, and all I could say was "well, MY husband doesn't knock ME down!"

Again, no clue why/how/where Meghan pulled this from.

These stories are cute.

The only one I can think of at the moment was one I think I've said somewhere here before.

I am beginning to feel like my grandmother by repeating stories, but here goes

My daughter was about 4 and we saw a commercial on TV. The scene is of an out of fucus accident scene where ambulance lights are flashing. The camera is focused on a phone booth and Mr. Voice Over guy says "If you've been in an accident, you need a lawyer"

My daughter looked at me and said "If you've been in an accident, you need a doctor!"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

My daughter is 5. She needed to go get something out of the truck. She didn't want to go alone so she asked me to go stand by the door and watch. I told her to hang on a sec...she looked at me with her head cocked sideways and said "I'm serious"
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My oldest has always been a little dramatic about things.

One day after a long day of school in 1st grade, she opens the door, lays face down half in and half out of the house and says "1st grade is soooo hard" and then "I had to think so hard my hair hurts."
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Half-in and half-out cracks me up. Yeah, 1st grade was the high-water mark for me, too, as far as stress went. It was all downhill from there.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread