+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

My 4 yr old grandson Drew was riding in the van with his parents when he overheard them talking about electricity (probably the bill) He wanted to know what electricity was. My over achiever son in law went into a detailed description of what electricity was and how we use it. Drew was quiet in the backseat for a few minutes, then very seriously asked,'' Do it have eyes?" No one laughs when I tell this story, but for some reason it cracks me up! My son in law seriously trying to explain the scientific theory of electricity and 4 yr old Drew imagined it as a creature! Maybe only a grandmother would laugh, I don't know, but it still cracks me up!

FORT Fan

I took my grandkids to the bowling alley the other day.... As we got to the lane, my 4 yr old (who was just getting
    the idea of potty training) said he had to go poo-poo.... knowing he wasn't good at holding it and that the restroom
    was way on the other side... we took off. all the way i was telling him to "hold it" we're almost there.... hold it
    just pinch your cheeks.... pinch your cheeks.... as i looked down to see if he was keeping up with me... there
    he was pinching his little cheeks (on his face)!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3951260;
    My 4 yr old grandson Drew was riding in the van with his parents when he overheard them talking about electricity (probably the bill) He wanted to know what electricity was. My over achiever son in law went into a detailed description of what electricity was and how we use it. Drew was quiet in the backseat for a few minutes, then very seriously asked,'' Do it have eyes?" No one laughs when I tell this story, but for some reason it cracks me up! My son in law seriously trying to explain the scientific theory of electricity and 4 yr old Drew imagined it as a creature! Maybe only a grandmother would laugh, I don't know, but it still cracks me up!
    Has he been watching Lost? Seriously get in your mind that electricity is a monster and then think of someone describing electricity. Pretty special powers!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

''Do it have eyes?"

I Love It!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Reminds me of when our electric company was The Wisconsin Electric Power Co., and they had REDDY KILOWATT as their mascot and HE had a light bulb for a nose!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

We had Reddy Kilowatt in Florida too Gabriel. He had "eyes"

If we had every light in the house on, my mom would say: "I bet Reddy Kilowatt has his track shoes on today", meaning that the meter was spinning like crazy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I used to have a Reddy kilowatt keychain. *sigh* I wish I still had a bunch of that stuff....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Thanks you guys! Now I don't feel so bad about my wacked out sense of humor! "Do it have eyes?" haha! Still cracking me up! (what a nerd)

Okay this is not recent, but I remember from when I was very young. My Mother went next door to visit Bridget, (our families were friends) for coffee as they did almost all the time in those days. Leonard (or Leonardo as his mother named and called him - they were Yugoslavian - what this has to do with the story I don't know but I am continuing on.)and I were playing outside and I became thirsty and went into the kitchen and asked Bridget for a SLICE OF WATER..... She turned on the faucet, grabbed a knife and asked how much of a slice I would like, as she was "cutting" the water and laughing....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;3951935;
    Okay this is not recent, but I remember from when I was very young. My Mother went next door to visit Bridget, (our families were friends) for coffee as they did almost all the time in those days. Leonard (or Leonardo as his mother named and called him - they were Yugoslavian - what this has to do with the story I don't know but I am continuing on.)and I were playing outside and I became thirsty and went into the kitchen and asked Bridget for a SLICE OF WATER..... She turned on the faucet, grabbed a knife and asked how much of a slice I would like, as she was "cutting" the water and laughing....
    Well you know, here in the South, we cut the water on and off.
    The lights too.

(love the digresssion about Leonardo)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread