+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

She's a clever little rascal and keeps me laughing. She's been saying things like this for years ... her name is Jewel, and my mom calls her funny observations "Jewelisms."

My 3 year old granddaughter, Alexis, said to me this morning, "I'm sure hungry grandma. My stomach is snoring like a pig!"
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I have a regular customer named Bob that plays Santa Claus every year. He has a good following making appearances at homes, functions etc, He is one of those guys that looks like Santa all year long but in December he dyes his hair and beard white from his normal blond. He was sitting at the counter by the cash register yesterday and this little girl was sitting on a stool next to him while her dad paid the bill. She nonchalantly looked to her left, saw Santa Bob (as we call him) who was dressed in just regular street clothes and her eyes popped out of her head. He said "Hi" very casually and she said "What's your name?" Bob said "Now what do you think my name is?" followed by a little "Ho, ho, ho" and she freaked out. Her dad said "Yep, that's Santa". She was so cute. She asked why he was here and he told her he was checking around to make sure all the little kids were behaving, asking her if she was. Of course she said yes. Bob told her to make sure she was in bed early on Christmas Eve and he would be stopping by. He also told her to make sure she left out milk and cookies for him. She assured him she would, gave him a hug and said "I love you Santa" as she left, skipping out the door hand in hand with her dad. It was very cool. The family are regulars at the restaurant and I'll make sure to follow up with the dad.

That's so cool!
    Actually, I'm convinced that Santa Claus lives on my street -- when he's not at the North Pole. No, seriously. He has a good-sized belly, long white hair, white beard, and Christmas lights are up on his house year 'round. I never see him at Christmas time, but I often see him during the rest of the year kickin' back in bib overalls and a plaid shirt in a lawn chair in his front yard or driveway.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Bob is like that. His license plate reads "I'M SANTA" and I see the kids looking at him all year. He plays it too. He loves being Santa.

MRD

Unk are you back at your regular restaurant now?
    That is such a cute story.

Many, many, many years ago when we were first married, my husband had light brown hair that he let grow to his shoulders and a full brown beard.
    He was standing in line in the grocery store one day when a little boy asked him if he was Jesus.
    What makes it even funnier, is my husband was buying beer.

I asked him what he said and he said: "I wanted to say that if I was Jesus, I wouldn't NEED to buy beer, I could change water"

What he did tell the little boy was that no he wasn't Jesus, but that Jesus does watch you from everywhere.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3775068;
    Unk are you back at your regular restaurant now?
    I'm staying where I was transferred but that's fine with me.

I asked Bob his favorite memory from playing Santa. He told a story of a family that hired him to deliver their child's presents at 2 a.m. The child had fallen asleep on the couch and the presents were stacked up outside for Bob to bring in. As he brought the last bunch of presents in he made some noise and the girl woke up. He said the look of awe on her face and her reaction was something he will never forget and that was about 15 years ago.

So she's 20 now and still believes in Santa.
    Count your blessings!

If I'd seen a Santa like the one we took our granddaughters to see last weekend, I may have believed longer too. My husband thought he should be wearing his Santa coat for the pictures. I said he could be wearing jeans and a tee shirt and he'd STILL be Santa.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Cute photo.

BTW, the reason I'm up? My tummy was snoring.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread