+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 107 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

cousin?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3739514;
    cousin?
    That's what I thought, too, but I'd imagine that a 6-year-old would have known what a cousin is for a few years by now.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

consent?
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

You might want to think about what you were talking about with your Daughter.......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I will have to ask my daughter what we were talking about when the lil one asked that question. I honestly don't remember!

I know that it wasn't 'cousin' though. I'll add 'consent' to the list of possibilities.

I just thought it was hilarious when I asked if she could use that word in a sentence and she said, "I already did. I asked 'What's a consin!'

I'll see her tomorrow for Halloween, but I figure she will be too busy with the tricks and treats to be of much help. So, I think this will end up in the "one of life's many mysteries" category.

MRD

I actually thought of consent. Maybe heard it in school as in consent form?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We at my house thought of consent and also constant. Don't know if you'll ever figure it out, but it is a cute story. I already used it in a sentence!--too funny.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

My son was about 6 or 7, and trying to avoid the last minute costume rush, I had asked him several times what he wanted to dress up as on Halloween.
    He didn't know. So, the day before, I asked again and he still didn't know. Halloween day came and I asked again and he replied "It's a surprise".
    That night he went to his room to get ready and when he came down stairs he had on jeans, shirt and his baseball cap. I asked are you ready, where's your costume ? He said, "I have it on".
    We get to his favorite neighbor's house and he rings the bell and she comes to the door and he says "Trick Or Treat" and not wanting to hurt his feelings, she says, "Well, sons name, don't you look nice and what are you dressed up as? He puffs his little chest out and says " It's ME, and says his name, and I'm dressed up as ME so you would know who I was and I would get the good stuff, not the stuff you give kids you don't know!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3739472;
    Today I was in the car with my youngest daughter and my granddaughter, who is 6.

Granddaughter asked, "What is a consin?"

Daughter and I didn't know what she was talking about. Thought maybe she saw a Wisconsin license plate. Asked her if she meant Wisconsin, and she said, "No! Consin!"

Again, have no clue just what she is trying to say. So I asked her if she meant to say 'conscience' or 'conscious.' And asked her if she could use the word in a sentence, so I would have some idea what she was trying to say.

Well, she got a bit annoyed at us and said, "I already used it in a sentence! I said, What is a consin?" Then she just said, "Nevermind, you two are starting to annoy me!"
    We still don't know what a consin is!
    They are too funny when they get indignant and say something like what you might have said to them at some point!! Don't they have ways of just letting you know that you have really gotten on their nerves?!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I do a unit on Child Labor Abuse with my 8th graders. They take notes for 3 days and then write an essay based on their notes. One girl said to me Thursday, "Thank you for making me write this paper." She had tears in her eyes.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread