+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Hey! I raised one of those, too!! Mine came home with a torn shirt...torn by a little girl, no less...and I was fired up and ready to go to school to raise "youknowwhat"!! He, calmly, said to me that I was thinking about the the shirt, and not him. I calmed down, considered what he said, decided that he just might know better than his hothead mother at that time, and I had to let it go. He didn't come home with anymore torn clothes, and I learned to pick my battles after consultation with my son. I wanted to smack that little girl (AND her mother!), by my son was not/is not one to physically retaliate against a female. Never has been. Proud mom, here!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It got quite hot here today, about 30C which is about 10 degrees higher than the seasonal high. M got home from school and she said "mom it's hotter out there than Zac Efron without his shirt" I LMAO! Where does she come up with this stuff? 9 is too young to think boys are hot!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3698073;
    It got quite hot here today, about 30C which is about 10 degrees higher than the seasonal high. M got home from school and she said "mom it's hotter out there than Zac Efron without his shirt" I LMAO! Where does she come up with this stuff? 9 is too young to think boys are hot!
    O.M.Gosh! That is hilarious....and if were my daughter, maybe a little alarming at the same time!

oh don't you worry my mom-dar went crazy! She's had a crush on the same boy for about 2 years now, she's in grade 4 and he's in grade 6, they hang out together every recess. I've begged her to hang around with her girlfriends that spend every weekend here but she said she doesn't like the games they play (mostly running) so she hangs out with the boy. My husband and I met the boy last week at the school's open house and let's just say that my daughter and I do not share the same taste in men Then his mother came over and we talked for a bit.. It left me wondering: what colour is the sky in her world?...
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

It's only just beginning Duxxy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember when my son, as a grade schooler, had a crush on the Olsen twins. He was greatly offended when I said that they looked like troll dolls. He was ALWAYS an unabashed sucker for a pretty face, which these 2 girls did not have.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I don't blame her Duxxy. I hate the games most girls and women play from that age and to adulthood. I always hung out with the boys and had a better time (and they took care of me too, like a sister). I say it's great she recognizes that girls dont' have to always have friends that are girls or do the same stuff everyone else is doing. (I realize that they're into running games, not head games, but those will start soon enough)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3698450;
    I remember when my son, as a grade schooler, had a crush on the Olsen twins. He was greatly offended when I said that they looked like troll dolls. He was ALWAYS an unabashed sucker for a pretty face, which these 2 girls did not have.
    They did! In my opinion they still are nothing to look at.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

"Meow"

"Purr...."

"Woof!"

Kills me EVERY time...

Today I was in the car with my youngest daughter and my granddaughter, who is 6.

Granddaughter asked, "What is a consin?"

Daughter and I didn't know what she was talking about. Thought maybe she saw a Wisconsin license plate. Asked her if she meant Wisconsin, and she said, "No! Consin!"

Again, have no clue just what she is trying to say. So I asked her if she meant to say 'conscience' or 'conscious.' And asked her if she could use the word in a sentence, so I would have some idea what she was trying to say.

Well, she got a bit annoyed at us and said, "I already used it in a sentence! I said, What is a consin?" Then she just said, "Nevermind, you two are starting to annoy me!"

We still don't know what a consin is!

+ Reply to Thread