+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 107 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

I don't think I've ever mentioned this here...

When our son was four or five, he slept-walked. Right down the stairs and pee'd on our couch. Thank Goodness it was a used couch from several years prior and didn't cost us anything.

Anyway, the next evening at dinner we were laughing about it and he got all upset and said it wasn't him. I said something like "yes it was, we saw your little wee-wee."

And then he stood up on the chair and proclaimed "I do NOT have a little wee wee!"

I will never forget that. We tease him about it every year or so. And the couch? After we had it cleaned we moved it downstairs to his playroom and he used up until we tore it up for packing material for the move last year.

Yesterday was my niece's first day of kindergarten and 5th birthday. I went over last night for cake and ice cream, and I was complaining she was growing up too fast. I said "Pretty soon you'll be getting married". She gave me a look like I was out of my tree and replied "I've never heard of any 5 year olds getting married".

Oh my gosh! Thank you all for posting these. What a perfect pick me up when dealing with my own sassy cranky little ones
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3680597;
    Yesterday was my niece's first day of kindergarten and 5th birthday. I went over last night for cake and ice cream, and I was complaining she was growing up too fast. I said "Pretty soon you'll be getting married". She gave me a look like I was out of my tree and replied "I've never heard of any 5 year olds getting married".
    Clever girl!

I had to work for a couple of hours last night and when I left my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter said, "Have fun at work Grandma. Don't get wrecked in your car!"
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

This gave me a laugh, probably because my daughter was so sweet and sincere:

My daughter and I were sitting at the kitchen table with a jar full of sharpened pencils. I said, "Isn't it wonderful to have so many sharpened pencils?" She responded, "It's just what a good homeschooling mother needs!"

I asked my niece how her first day of kindergarten was. She said "It was fascinating!"

This morning my 6 year-old was getting ready for school, and he picked shoes that did not go with his outfit. I was trying to get him to change, and he was having no part of it. He said, very matter-of-factly, "It's not about the shoes, it's about school." Too logical - I just had to agree and let him go.
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3695912;
    This morning my 6 year-old was getting ready for school, and he picked shoes that did not go with his outfit. I was trying to get him to change, and he was having no part of it. He said, very matter-of-factly, "It's not about the shoes, it's about school." Too logical - I just had to agree and let him go.
    From the mouths of babes....
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread