+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    I took my guy to the beach to look at the mountains across the water today (before school). There was this incredible winter morning sunrise, with the mountains rising up out of the water 50 miles away. It was incredible. DS said "Oh mummy, the world is so beautiful." I'm going to keep that thought close.

Oooh, that gave me goose bumps! So sweet.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
    My 3 year old daughter has a habit of stringing words together. My favorite is "rubberbandaid". Whenever we do her hair, she asks for a "rubberbandaid". Whenever she gets hurt, she asks for a "rubberbandaid".

Going back to an earlier topic in this thread. When my daughter says FORK, it sounds like F***. At home we kind of smile about it but when we go out to eat and she starts asking, "where's my F***!?!" it can be a bit embarrassing.
    That reminds me of something my grandmother use to tell me that I would say all the time. I loved to eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken when I was little...only I didn't pronounce it right...yep, you guessed it...Kenf*cky Fried Chicken!!! Straight from my mouth as a 4 year old. My grandmother, God rest her soul, would make herself cry from laughing so hard when she would repeatedly tell this story to any one that would listen!!!

Cutest things kids say eh?? Last night I was sitting on the couch Joey jumped up on the right side, Mona on the left, and at the same time MMMMEEEOOOOOOWWWW. In stereo.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    My grandmother in Wisconsin sent Christmas gifts to my boys and my 5 yr old (Wyatt) was reading the tags to see which ones were his and the 3 yr old's tag said Briar. Wyatt says "Mommy, who's Briar?" (We call the 3 yr old Michael/Mikey) After I explained it to him he says "Briar you got a presant" and Mikey started screeching "I nt Briar I Mikey doodle" I almost died.

When they started day care the first day I wen to pick them up they asked me if they baby had hearing problems because he was ignoring them. I said no and the girl was telling me "we call him Briar, Briar..." and I said "Mikey" and he instantly turned around. He refuses to answer to his first name. I guess he doesn't like it!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

We had lunch at a McDonald's today that is close to a high school. Several teenagers were in line in front of us. They were dressed very...uh, differently and two of them were sporting mohawks, one black and one bright red. My daughter (who does not speak very softly) asks, "Mom, do they think it's still Halloween?" Luckily, they thought it was funny!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    We had lunch at a McDonald's today that is close to a high school. Several teenagers were in line in front of us. They were dressed very...uh, differently and two of them were sporting mohawks, one black and one bright red. My daughter (who does not speak very softly) asks, "Mom, do they think it's still Halloween?" Luckily, they thought it was funny!
    I am loving this thread, and this quote, lildago, is one of the reasons why. Your daughter's comment is simply adorable.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

One of my sisters made a chocolate cake for our dad's b-day 2 months ago and for some reason it cave in. It looked really bad. Her son said "mom, this cake taste the opposite of what it looks like".

Quote Originally Posted by karen14 View Post
    One of my sisters made a chocolate cake for our dad's b-day 2 months ago and for some reason it cave in. It looked really bad. Her son said "mom, this cake taste the opposite of what it looks like".

That is funny!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

A friend of mine has two sons. One of them-that was about age 3 at the time. We were leaving the house and his mom was locking the front door. So he notices something on the floor- he was disgusted at a dead insect he saw on his front porch. He bends down, looks at it, turns to us and goes, "Ewww, dat's neegawshing!"

Disgusting he obviously meant.

The boy can barely speak a single word correctly...that's what I love about him.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I was blowdrying my 5 yr old daughter's hair this morning and she was giving me a hassle as usual. She can't stand to take the time to have her hair done. So being the good parent that I am (ha!) I started singing
    You'd better watch out
    You'd better not pout
    You'd better not cry
    I'm telling you why..
    Santa Claus will pass by your town. (all sung horribly off key and loud enough to drown out her kvetching)
    She says "Mom, Santa won't pass by, he'll just put you on the naughty list"
    Me - "Well you don't get anything when you are on the naughty list, Santa won't reward you for bad behaviour"
    Her- "mom (exasperated tone) if you're on the naughty list you get a pair of socks" (eye roll here)
    I busted a gut laughing. For my kiddo the epitome of a bad gift is: white socks with no design. She refuses to wear them. Her socks don't have to match her outfit.. but they do have to be bursting with colour and character.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread