+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3592313;
    I hope he's wrong. I hope he beats this and goes back to being a normal kid and goes through a normal adolescence and at some point acts like a brat to you because that's what normal, healthy kids do. I really, really hope he's wrong.

I second that.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

During summer school, I'm working as an assistant in the high school ELL class. One of the kids was running and I told him he better pull his shorts up if he didn't want them to fall off. He turned around and looked at me and grinned, pulling his shorts up all the way to his chest and said, "How's this, Miss?" I started cracking up and said it looked good. Keep in mind, most of the students in this class have been in the US for less than 9 months.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

My daughter (1st grader) told me, "I hate those commercials that say, 'The more you buy, the more you save.' The more you buy, the more you pay!"

Quote Originally Posted by rgw718;3601591;
    My daughter (1st grader) told me, "I hate those commercials that say, 'The more you buy, the more you save.' The more you buy, the more you pay!"
    Wow! Smart kid, and only in the first grade. I know plenty of adults that haven't figured that out yet.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

We have friends who are moving from Alabama to NYC for grad school. Their older son is 7 and they have been trying to explain the upcoming changes to him. The other day, his mother said "You know, we aren't going to be able to just hop in the car and go to Target whenever we want... We will be walking a lot and taking trains and taxis!"....

Long silence....

Then... "Mommy? PLEASE tell me that they have McDonalds in New York City!"....
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Here's another quip from my 7-yr-old that gave me a good laugh:

She was reading from the list of rules that her brother had to follow for his youth group beach trip (the church had given it to him as a checklist).

It included a list of things to bring on the trip, one of which was "Money to eat on the way down." She read this and said, "That's funny. How can you eat money?"

This morning I showed my daughter my pinkie toe, which is quite swollen after being broken recently.

She told me, "I don't mean to be rude, but it looks like a cucumber ... if you colored it green."

The 11 year old daughter of my friend from Arizona was in town visiting her grandmother last week. I took her cruising in the Olds and she loved it. She said "Nothing could be finer than cruising in Columbus OH in a big old red convertible with the top down."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

While waiting to get my hair cut on Thursday, I was in line behind an ex-military man who was accompanied by his wife and grandson (a cute little guy about 8 years old). Grandpa was there for his usual "high and tight".

While "Coach" was seated in the chair, Grandma & Grandson were talking about how many days of summer vacation remained. Grandson paused for a moment while looking at Grandpa and said:

"Grandpa's getting his hair cut like Gibbs"

As a fan of NCIS (or more precisely, a fan of Mark Harmon), it made me smile.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3650069;
    The 11 year old daughter of my friend from Arizona was in town visiting her grandmother last week. I took her cruising in the Olds and she loved it. She said "Nothing could be finer than cruising in Columbus OH in a big old red convertible with the top down."

The young lady obviously has excellent taste.

+ Reply to Thread