+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

MRD

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

I keep thinking it would make a great murder mystery: The case of the constipated cat.

Barney is the reason my daughter got a tv in her room at 4 years old despite us saying we would never allow a tv in her room. I still shudder when I hear that stupid song.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3504310;
    I keep thinking it would make a great murder mystery: The case of the constipated cat.
    Not if you were the one spending $500 to correct it...and BooBoo says not if you were the one getting unplugged!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3501450;
    That is too cute!

My 18-year-old daughter, 6-year-old granddaughter and I were coming home from the lake today and daughter had one of "her" radio stations on. Some song came on and I started listening to the lyrics. I couldn't figure out what the guy was saying. To me it sounded like it could be either birthday sex, first date sex, or earth day sex!

I guess I was so captivated trying to figure out the lyrics that I really didn't think about the little one in the backseat. :nono A few seconds later my grandaughter says, "Grandma, did you hear them singing about "Birthday Sex"? Oh my!

I asked my daughter just what was said and now know that the guy was saying Birthday Sex. I then told her that maybe it is not a good idea to have this kind of music on when the little one is in the car! (How did a 6-year-old figure out those lyrics, when I couldn't???)

The next song was now playing and had some other weird lyrics about "gonna go to hell" so I said, "I think this is the time that MamaC takes back control of the radio!"

They both groaned!
    Uh-oh! I'd better cover my you-know-what here! Although it is painfully obvious that I listen to Kid Rock, which definitely is NOT for the little ones. He knows it and warns audiences of it. So to save myself some nightmares, I do not listen to Kid Rock when I'm with my daughters (who are 25 and 30) - let alone my grandkids!

I guess this is more of a CYA than a cute kid story.

That same day, on our way up to the lake, my son was in the car with us. (He went home with my hubby so us girls could have my car to ourselves.) Anyway, he was listening to his music....mostly heavy metal stuff!

Well after one screeching kind of a song, I asked my granddaughter if that was the Wiggles! :LOL

She just looked at me and said, "Grandma, that was Poison!" (Or whatever the name of the band was!)

(I have lectured him that he really should think about what kind of music he has on when she is in the car, but it falls on deaf ears.)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3511112;
    That same day, on our way up to the lake, my son was in the car with us. (He went home with my hubby so us girls could have my car to ourselves.) Anyway, he was listening to his music....mostly heavy metal stuff!

Well after one screeching kind of a song, I asked my granddaughter if that was the Wiggles! :LOL

She just looked at me and said, "Grandma, that was Poison!" (Or whatever the name of the band was!)

(I have lectured him that he really should think about what kind of music he has on when she is in the car, but it falls on deaf ears.)
    That is funny!

When my almost 16 year old niece was about 3, I went over to their house to babysit. I was standing in the kitchen talking to my brother and I heard these growling and roaring noises coming from the room where the TV was. Went to check it out and there was my sweet little niece in her little pink chair ripping apart a piece of chicken and growling ferociously. My brother was letting her watch Jurassic Park and it was the scene where the T-Rex (or whatever kind of dino that was) was killing the goat. Miss B. was doing a VERY good imitation of it!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Yesterday afternoon my 4 yo daughter had picked up a pillow and found a little hole in the cover. She was messing around with it and pulled a small piece of stuffing out through the hole and she couldn't get it shoved back in so she brought it to me. She was a little upset that she couldn't fix it so I suggested that maybe she could just clip it off with a pair of scissors. She looked at me and said, "Mom, you're BRILLIANT". I love it when the simple stuff gets such an amazing reactions and I love it when little kids use big words!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3511568;
    Yesterday afternoon my 4 yo daughter had picked up a pillow and found a little hole in the cover. She was messing around with it and pulled a small piece of stuffing out through the hole and she couldn't get it shoved back in so she brought it to me. She was a little upset that she couldn't fix it so I suggested that maybe she could just clip it off with a pair of scissors. She looked at me and said, "Mom, you're BRILLIANT". I love it when the simple stuff gets such an amazing reactions and I love it when little kids use big words!
    Well, treasure this time because soon enough she'll be a teenager and you will somehow turn into the most clueless person in the world. Don't worry though. If you can manage to wait it out, once she get's past her teens your intelligence will start improving quickly.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3511577;
    Well, treasure this time because soon enough she'll be a teenager and you will somehow turn into the most clueless person in the world. Don't worry though. If you can manage to wait it out, once she get's past her teens your intelligence will start improving quickly.
    My oldest is a 16 yo boy, so I have the "best" of both worlds now. My youngest thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread and my oldest thinks I'm clueless and completely out-of-touch!
    I can't wait for the day when he will actually appreciate my advice again. For now, he is stuck listening to it anyway!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3511577;
    I was going to post the EXACT same thing.

I used to be brilliant too. Now I barely have the sense to get dressed in the mornings. I'm still waiting for my intelligence to improve again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My 27 year old PhD son told me I was brilliant the other day * I was regularly dismissed as an embarassment during his teen years.

of course, this had to do with a cheese cutter I had sent him in a food 'care' package that he wished he could use on other sizes of cheese. I made the suggestion that maybe he could cut the larger block down to the size of the cutter. And I was 'brilliant" for that. Yeah, cutting the cheese. Doesn't take a PhD.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread