+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 106 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

One of the constant songs on Noggin is "Fruit Salad" and my 3-year-old daughter has been asking for weeks to make a fruit salad. I finally gave in and we made a small fruit salad together for dessert for the kids tonight. When she was eating it she kept saying "Oh, I wish my mouth was bigger!"
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

That is too cute!

My 18-year-old daughter, 6-year-old granddaughter and I were coming home from the lake today and daughter had one of "her" radio stations on. Some song came on and I started listening to the lyrics. I couldn't figure out what the guy was saying. To me it sounded like it could be either birthday sex, first date sex, or earth day sex!

I guess I was so captivated trying to figure out the lyrics that I really didn't think about the little one in the backseat. :nono A few seconds later my grandaughter says, "Grandma, did you hear them singing about "Birthday Sex"? Oh my!

I asked my daughter just what was said and now know that the guy was saying Birthday Sex. I then told her that maybe it is not a good idea to have this kind of music on when the little one is in the car! (How did a 6-year-old figure out those lyrics, when I couldn't???)

The next song was now playing and had some other weird lyrics about "gonna go to hell" so I said, "I think this is the time that MamaC takes back control of the radio!"

They both groaned!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3501450;
    I asked my daughter just what was said and now know that the guy was saying Birthday Sex. I then told her that maybe it is not a good idea to have this kind of music on when the little one is in the car! (How did a 6-year-old figure out those lyrics, when I couldn't???)

The next song was now playing and had some other weird lyrics about "gonna go to hell" so I said, "I think this is the time that MamaC takes back control of the radio!"
    That is too funny. I cannot stand that song and it is one of those songs that kind of mortifies me that they play it on the radio! (And the fact that I am mortified just makes me feel old.) There is another new(er) song called "Love Sex Magic" that I like, but refuse to play around my 4 yo daughter because I KNOW she would like it enough to start singing it and I just cannot have her running around singing ANY song about sex!!!

When I told my hubby and son about it, they both knew what song I was talking about. Hubby thought the guy was saying something different; I can't remember right now what he thought it was. Son thought my "First-date" lyric was funny! (He would!) Both cracked up about the "Earth day" lyric!

It just made me realize that the dear little one has the capability of hearing everything that is going on...whether it be on TV, the radio, or just everyday plain ol' conversation.

One day about two weeks ago, I had the TV on and there was a commercial about some sort of remedy for constipation. All of a sudden, my granddaughter said, "That's my kitten's name!" I just looked at her and said, "You have a cat named constipation?" And she said "Yes!" I texted my son at work and asked him if his daughter's cat was named "constipation." He texted back that the cat's name is not constipation but, rather, Constantine. When I told her that I knew the cat's real name, she just said, "Well I call him constipation for short!"

ETA I will be sure to avoid that song you mentioned! Trouble I do not need!

MRD

A cat named constipation. That is too funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Omg Mama! You must have some good times with your granddaughter! What is the name of the birthday sex song and who sings it? Now I am really curious!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3502983;
    Omg Mama! You must have some good times with your granddaughter! What is the name of the birthday sex song and who sings it? Now I am really curious!
    The birthday sex song is by Jeremih. I have no idea how he pronounces this, but I know this is the spelling because my husband "made" me download it on iTunes for him!

Mama - the cat named constipation story cracked me up.

Thanks -- I have to download that song, too. DH will get a kick out of it. Luckily, no need for censorship here (childfree home). Well -- not entirely true about no censorship. I absolutely, positively do not allow Barney, the Wiggles, Hannah Montana . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yeah the name of the song is actually "Birthday Sex" by Jerimih. I'm guessing he pronounces his name....Jeremy?

Ellen, I could handle Sesame Street and even Mr. Rogers when my older two were little. With my youngest, Barney was the big thing. Thankfully, I missed out on the Wiggles. But my daughter did get into Hannah Montana from watching her two little cousins. *Shudder*

When "Constipation" the kitten was born, my granddaughter came up and told me that her cat "Bradley" just had kittens. I looked at her and said, "Your cat, Bradley, just had kittens?" "Yep, grandma," she said. I replied, "But honey, Bradley is a boy's name not a girls name!" She looked at me and just said, "Uh-uh! Bradley is a mama cat." Okay, that was one battle I was not about to win!

I keep chuckling over the line, "I call him Constipation for short". Ahhh, grand kids are fun aren't they?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread