+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 107 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

My son and DAUGHTER both use Old Spice. I sometimes use Mennen because it reminds me of my dad. When my son was into aftershave, I got him the same Bay Rum my dad used to use and he loved it. It distinguished him from the Axe users.
    I've been hitting the gym pretty regularly and letting my hair grow out to shoulder length. I was going to volunteer at the bottle drive and was wearing jeans, a black tee-shirt with the arms cut off and had just brushed my hair upside down and then shook it to settle. On my way out the door, my daughter (17) said, "You look nice." Wow! Stopped me in my tracks. She has never said that before because (to her) A. I am old and B. I have no fashion sense.
    Count your blessings!

That's cool Gutmutter.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to wear Aramis in high school! I never told anyone what it was, but I was known for how 'good' I smelled. Let me remind you that I went to an all girls' Catholic school!

Even to this day, I've always been about a 'fresh' fragrance, just out of the shower scent!

And, I remember when I got some kind of cologne from a boyfriend at Christmas time, my 4-year older male cousin told me that the guy was trying to tell me, "You Stink!" I hated him at that moment!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-09-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3442293;
    I used to wear Aramis in high school! I never told anyone what it was, but I was known for how 'good' I smelled. Let me remind you that I went to an all girls' Catholic school!

Even to this day, I've always been about a 'fresh' fragrance, just out of the shower scent!

And, I remember when I got some kind of cologne from a boyfriend at Christmas time, my 4-year older male cousin told me that the guy was trying to tell me, "You Stink!" I hated him at that moment!
    Lol! I'm curious if he ever gave perfume/smelly stuff to a girl when he got older!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have ZERO idea! And the guy that gave me the cologne was one of the great LOVES OF MY LIFE!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had a discussion the other day with my kiddo... she was complaining about a girl at school being bossy and telling everyone what to do. I told her she didn't have to do things just because so-and-so was doing it. I rolled out my dad's old chestnut..
    "if your friend jumped off a bridge would you jump off too?" She paused for a second and said... depends on how deep the water is. LMAO This kid is going to be the end of me.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

You're just mad because you never thought to say that to your dad!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Where I lived, we did have a river bridge that people used to jump off of to swim. Bridge wasn't that high or that big, so I remember my mom asking me that question once and I said: yeah, that's where the good swimming spot is.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3442047;
    English Leather!
    Oh yeah:
    "All my men wear English Leather -- or they wear nothing at all!"
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My then five year old son telling a waitress that he'd like a beverage. We had no idea he even knew the word. I doubt he's used it since and he'll be 25 in October.

+ Reply to Thread