+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos View Post
    My nephew is 12 years old now but he was the most adorable little baby and toddler!

At age 3 he had those little figurines of army men and he would sit there quietly and play and I'd ask, "Hey, what are you doing?" His response: "Nuttin, jus playin wit my menzes." Trying to say playing with his men...menzes!
    Awww. My nephew got these tiny little dolls from one of those nickel/quarter vending machines. These dolls are of street boys, for lack of a better term, called "Homies." So for the longest time any small people toys he played with, including army guys, were "Homies."

Me: Whatcha doin', Jordan?
    Him: Playin' with my homies. (in his little innocent, squeaky voice) Cute cute.

Also, I guess it was a cross between the words "last night" and "yesterday" and for some reason he always spoke of a past event as something that happened....."Lester-night..."

Oh and "Pusgetti" is infamous for his sorry attempt at saying Spaghetti.
    *sniff* Makes me long for Jordan's "Square Bob Pants." He just couldn't get the full term out for the life of him... why oh why did he have to grow up to be 5? Heh.

And my best friend's son used to say "kittyitaly" for "kitty." We were both completely devastated when he grew out of that one.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justdecent View Post
    my nephew: He had a cold and was in the bath and he started to panic when I let the water start to go down the drain, and I found out his major concern: he didn't want his sick bath water to get into the water and kill all the sharks. How cute, and literal, is that?
    That is the cutest thing I've heard in awhile!

When my youngest was about 8 years old he used to write his name "MATT-XB". He said the XB stood for "X-tra Burps".

My 3 year old daughter has a habit of stringing words together. My favorite is "rubberbandaid". Whenever we do her hair, she asks for a "rubberbandaid". Whenever she gets hurt, she asks for a "rubberbandaid".

Going back to an earlier topic in this thread. When my daughter says FORK, it sounds like F***. At home we kind of smile about it but when we go out to eat and she starts asking, "where's my F***!?!" it can be a bit embarrassing.

I have a 6-year old niece and a 3-year old niece. One day the bossy 6-year old gave her little sister an order, to which the defiant 3-year old said: "NO!"

6-year old: "YES!"

3-year old: "NO!!"

6-year old: "Y.....E.....S!!"

3-year old (who can not spell): "Y.....E.....NO!!"

And my nephews used to call Quaker's oatmeal "Openmeal". Probably because you have to open the packets.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

My son and I went to the market yesterday. As we were checking out, the cashier asked my son what he wants to be when he grows up. My son said, "7".

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Claire asked if the Polar Express was real or fantasy (first of all, using "fantasy" cracks me up). I answered fantasy. She said "darn, I really wanted to take a ride on it"

Then she proceeds to say....but Santa isn't the real santa in the movie Mom, it's Tom Hanks! LOL - that's what she gets for reading the credits!!!

My almost 7 year old daughter woke up this morning and very seriously said to me "Mommy, did you know that when my dreaming is over I roll credits?"

Child was born to be a director, so I'm not really surprised.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Credits, huh? Funny how their brains work.

We have my daughter completely sold on Santa. She even has it worked out with the baby Jesus story in some way I don't quite get. On the weekend we went to a Toys for Tots train event they do every year. They put Christmas lights on a commuter train, a band plays, Santa shakes hands, you bring toys to donate.

My daughter shook Santa's hand when he came around, then he got back on the train and waved goodbye. There were about six cars on the train, and whoops! There was a second Santa waving goodbye from the caboose. I wondered what my daughter would make of that, but she just sighed and said, "Santa is so magic that he flew to the back of the train just to wave goodbye to us."
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Awww hepcat. That is so cute! My kids went to the Train for Tots on Sunday night when it came to our station. We only had one Santa...he must not have been performing his magic at our stop.

giz
    I took my guy to the beach to look at the mountains across the water today (before school). There was this incredible winter morning sunrise, with the mountains rising up out of the water 50 miles away. It was incredible. DS said "Oh mummy, the world is so beautiful." I'm going to keep that thought close.

+ Reply to Thread