+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 107 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Yeah, the sticky Sweet Tarts are right up my alley. I've always encouraged the kids and grandkids to be thoughtful. They sure never saw that firsthand. My husband never gives me a gift for any occasion. I want the kids to do better.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3395330;
    Yeah, the sticky Sweet Tarts are right up my alley. I've always encouraged the kids and grandkids to be thoughtful. They sure never saw that firsthand. My husband never gives me a gift for any occasion. I want the kids to do better.
    I wouldn't just settle for sticky Sweet Tarts, the best ones are also lint covered!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mmmmmm -- Sweet Tarts!
    (yes, it's been one of those weeks . . .)

Oh, geez -- that's kind of off topic. And I don't have kids. Mmm. Let's see. Did one of my students say anything cute?

Oh yeah -- I was doing a grammar lesson about direct objects and indirect objects with a sixth-grade girl. The example sentences had baseballs, basketballs, footballs, etc. as direct objects. The girl looked up from her reading and asked: "Is this lesson going to be all about balls?!" No, she didn't mean it that way. And, yes, I laughed!
    Last edited by Ellen; 03-27-2009 at 09:45 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3395508;
    Mmmmmm -- Sweet Tarts!
    (yes, it's been one of those weeks . . .)
    I have chocolate covered strawberries and good wine. Want to come over???

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Geez...it's Lent, and my liver thinks my throat has been cut!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3395511;
    I have chocolate covered strawberries and good wine. Want to come over???
    Yes!!!! I'm currently on Expedia, Orbitz, and Hotwire to see if I can book an immediate flight to your neck of the woods. I'll bring maple cream cookies and other Trader Joe snacks. And more wine. See ya in a coupla hours!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Maybe Orbitz will let you use the hovercraft.

Shay, I am SO very glad my religion doesn't require me to give up anything for lent. But hey, Easter's not too far away.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah....only 2 weeks. BIG SIGH.

And I don't think this is so much about "my religion", as it is my own personal discipline. Yes, I did grow up Catholic, but I am not a religious person. When people ask when the last time is that I went to church, I usually ask them to help me to remember when the last time was that someone died.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My girlfriend called earlier and was telling me about her husband taking their three year old great grandson to Burger King yesterday. She said they stayed about two hours and when they came home she could hear the kid crying when they turned on her street. He came in and marched right on through to the den, sat down on the floor and bawled for several minutes. He had not wanted to leave the jungle gym thing at BK. She said that suddenly he wiped his hands over his face, stood up and said "I'm okay now" and went to find toys.

While we were talking I could hear him coughing his lungs out. I wanted to mention that he probably got every germ that BK had to offer, while handling that nasty gym equipment but didn't figure she would appreciate me telling her how to raise a kid.

My cousin's daughter is 9 years old and has one heck of a sassy attitude. She has one younger brother who is 3 years old and has a different dad than she does (she is very Irish with platinum blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin and her brother is half Mexican with dark skin, hair and eyes- you wouldn't even guess that they were related let alone brother and sister). My cousin just had a third child with the same father as her son (of Mexican decent) and the first thing that Maddie asked when she got to see her mom was "Does she look like me or does she look like Mateo." She spit his name out like it was something sour on her tounge! My cousin said it was the funniest thing because she wanted a sister who would be a little mini-her. Marlee, the new baby, turned out to have blue eyes, medium skin tone and beautiful honey blonde hair; a perfect mix of her older brother and sister.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread