+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

A dino checkup is a long and labourious process... it can sometimes take alllll morning to give the 'herd' a checkup... sometimes they get hungry and cranky, but snacking on the dinos in the waiting room usuall improves their mood.

That's just so rude to take the kid's toys.. especially without asking. Even at the age of 2/3 she could have said "so-and-so doesn't have any toys, it would be nice if we could give him the toys you don't play with anymore" then let the KID choose what can go. This goes a long way to teaching the kid empathy and charity. Children should not be treated like adults but at the same time their thoughts and feelings deserve to be heard and respected (within reason).
    About 3 years ago M's school was looking for small toys for a local regiment to take with them to Afghanistan, small things they could carry in their backpacks and give to the children in the war-torn country. I read the note to M and SHE volunteered to go through her toys and honestly, the kid gave until it hurt. I was proud and worried, there were a couple of things she rescued from the bag and that's ok because it was her's to give - or not.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

This kid is not selfish in the least and I know he would have shared his toys and probably even some of his dinos but to just come home and they're all GONE was, in my opinion beyond rude.

The woman would have been on my list forever! That's the kind that "helps" themselves and theirs before helping the little ones. I hope she turned out to be a good stepmom.

I thought this was funny...

Kiddo wanted a snack today, I told her she could have veggies and dip. She wanted to know what kind of veggies. Well, how about carrots and snowpeas?? She starts laughing and says 'is there snow poop too?' Sick but pretty quick witted LOL

Duxxy, that is funny. She sounds like a neat kid.

Duxxy, too bad you didn't have a few mini marshmallows ("snowman poop")
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

damn! wish I had thought of that

Muduh she's an awesome kid. We had parent/teacher interviews tonight and her teacher said our kid is the kindest kid in the class.. especially to a problem child in the class. we were there to discuss her grades (which are average or a little bit above) but honestly the news about her character was the greater source of pride
    Last edited by Duxxy; 03-27-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Good for your daughter, Duxxy, but you know what they say.... the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3394816;
    damn! wish I had thought of that

Muduh she's an awesome kid. We had parent/teacher interviews tonight and her teacher said our kid is the kindest kid in the class.. especially to a problem child in the class. we were there to discuss her grades (which are average or a little bit above) but honestly the news about her character was the greater source of pride
    Our seven year old rarely comes over here without bring us a little something. Sometimes it's two Sweet Tarts in his bare hand, but it's something. Then when he leaves he wants to take his Mom or Dad, whoever he's going to, something. When he was here a while back he was sad because he hadn't been able to get his Mom anything for Valentines. We assumed that his Dad or Step Dad would handle that but since they didn't, we told him that from now on we would always take him. Her birthday is next week so we'll need to go shopping over the weekend. He likes to get her little things for her flower beds or birdfeeders so that should be an easy one to find.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just love a man who pays attention to what you like, and gives you something to complement your interest! He's on the right road!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread