+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3383616;
    Maybe it's just the sicko in me, but I find that hilarious, and it has me laughing out loud. Really out loud!
    That is hysterical.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3383059;
    This isn't particularly cute, but I thought it was funny. Our kid spent the night with us last night and this morning he asked for oatmeal. I took it into the playroom and he had a bunch of his little soldiers and his big, big dinosaur playing with them. I asked the Dino if he wanted some oatmeal and in a deep, deep seven year old voice the dino shoot his head and said "no thanks, I only like meat". Then the kid crammed a soldier in his mouth.

I love a smart kid with a working brain!! He was truly in the moment, wasn't he?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Children are very literal, if they come across something they don't know they relate it to a 'known' in their limited experience.

This morning I was laying on the floor giving the dinosaurs a checkup with my daycare kids. It's March Break right now so my 9yr old has been home all week with us (whining about how boring we are). While I was laying there she decided to give me a spa day. She put cream on my feet and hands - she kept disappearing into the bathroom to bring more stuff. I was creamed, wearing a hair band, playing dinosaurs (screaming while a T rex ate my poor Brachio) when M started my back massage. She said "I'll be right back, I'm going to give you a deep tissue massage" I looked up and she was coming back from the bathroom with a kleenex floating through the air. I asked what she needed the kleenex for... she gave me one of those 'you don't know anything looks' and said "duh! it's for your deep tissue massage"
    LMAO to her tissue = kleenex.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3387467;
    ...She said "I'll be right back, I'm going to give you a deep tissue massage" I looked up and she was coming back from the bathroom with a kleenex floating through the air. I asked what she needed the kleenex for... she gave me one of those 'you don't know anything looks' and said "duh! it's for your deep tissue massage"
    I was already laughing about the dino only eating meat - this one just put me over the top!!!

A lot of kids are so off into dinosaurs, most kids know WAY more about them than we care to know. I looked around and found out that most dinosaurs were herbivores, but that Tyrannosaurus Rex, Allosaurus and Baryonyx were carnivores. All I really knew before now was that there was some dino-critter that ate meat.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On Monday, my granddaughter was up to visit and I told her that, after dinner, I wanted her to do me a favour. I wanted her and grandpa to go out and hang the Irish tricolour up on the flagpole for me.

She looked at me and said, "You know, I am not Irish and I am not American either." Okay, I thought. I then asked her, "Well, what are you then?"

She was completely serious when she said, "I am a superhero and I have superpowers!" She then proceeded to "fly" out of the room.

I love her!!!

For the longest time, if they called him by his name, my son told people that he was NOT Mikey, he was "King of Beasts", ...with a completely serious face.
    His mom's face --->

MRD

My daughter's middle name is Eugenia and she couldn't pronounce it when she was little so she told me people her name was _______ A Genius _________.

Of course we thought she was a genius ourselves. But it was too funny as people would just stop for a minute and then usually say: "of course you are."

You got to love kids. I did a LD class a few weeks ago at the museum and one kid told me "this is not how you do a tour". The teacher was trying to apologize, but I thought it was funny. I asked him how I should do it and he said: "less talking, more showing us stuff".

I also asked a class why did the Native Americans trade with the European settlers that came to this area and got the response: "because they were greedy".

I can't wait to go offer my hubby a "deep tissue massage".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

One of my charges, a 2yr old girl stayed home sick yesterday. She let her mom know that she wasn't feeling good and she was about to vomit by saying "mommy, I sneezed in my belly"
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3387467;
    Children are very literal, if they come across something they don't know they relate it to a 'known' in their limited experience.

This morning I was laying on the floor giving the dinosaurs a checkup with my daycare kids. It's March Break right now so my 9yr old has been home all week with us (whining about how boring we are). While I was laying there she decided to give me a spa day. She put cream on my feet and hands - she kept disappearing into the bathroom to bring more stuff. I was creamed, wearing a hair band, playing dinosaurs (screaming while a T rex ate my poor Brachio) when M started my back massage. She said "I'll be right back, I'm going to give you a deep tissue massage" I looked up and she was coming back from the bathroom with a kleenex floating through the air. I asked what she needed the kleenex for... she gave me one of those 'you don't know anything looks' and said "duh! it's for your deep tissue massage"
    Excuse me, but exactly what does a dinosaur checkup involve? And how receptive are they, usually?

Our seven year old was so into dinos when he was about two till five. I can't even guess at how many of them I bought him. His stepmother (before she WAS his stepmother) sacked most of them up and gave them to a kid whose mother worked where she did. Needless to say I was livid and the kid was heartbroken. She tried to lay a guilt trip on him by telling him the kid had no toys. He told me that and I suggested that maybe she should have gone and bought some with her OWN money and left his toys alone. I went down and got the rest of his and brought them to my house. He still plays with them but most of his favorites are gone.

+ Reply to Thread