+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 107 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

FORT Fogey

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

My 2 year old nephew went to the Big Apple Circus over the weekend. It was the first time he'd seen a circus, and overall he enjoyed. But apparently, he doesn't much care for the "special tricks" acts like the high wire, trapeze, etc. Every time that one of those would come out to perform, he would stand up in his chair and yell "go away, go away" stick his tongue out and "spit". I know that it's rude behavior, and if he were older, I'd probalby be embarassed ... along with my sister and bro-in-law. But since he's 2, and this apparently came from his own little mind and none of us can figure out where it came from, I thought it was pretty funny.

Well Veruka, I guess how cute I thought this was would depend on how far he could spit and how close I was to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3284081;
    When I was young and thin with long wavy hair, my favorite skirt was long, full, and black with hot pink metallic threads that sparkled. One rainy day I was walking down main street Amherst wearing that skirt and one of those thin, clear raincoats that can fold up into your purse and a young boy walking with his father passed me and gawked and said to his father, "Look Dad - a FAIRY!". I just winked at him. Sometimes I like to think that stayed with him and gave him a sense of magic. You never know.
    I just today saw this post and it gave me a warm feeling for some reason hoping that someone kept the magic within because of this. Way to go dear lady.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3378409;
    I just today saw this post and it gave me a warm feeling for some reason hoping that someone kept the magic within because of this. Way to go dear lady.
    I agree! When I was about 4 or 5, I saw a man who (to me) looked JUST like a Leprechaun! I pointed him out to my parents and my dad (jokingly) suggested that we should chase him to see if we could find the pot of gold before he did. Mom (who had been reading books about Leprechauns and Gnomes to me) got to answer my questions for days. They didn't dissuade me from my belief that I saw a Leprechaun though and the subject still comes up occasionally.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Doxie, I hope that you do still swear it was a leprechaun!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3380294;
    Doxie, I hope that you do still swear it was a leprechaun!
    I think she does, isn't that just cool?

This isn't particularly cute, but I thought it was funny. Our kid spent the night with us last night and this morning he asked for oatmeal. I took it into the playroom and he had a bunch of his little soldiers and his big, big dinosaur playing with them. I asked the Dino if he wanted some oatmeal and in a deep, deep seven year old voice the dino shoot his head and said "no thanks, I only like meat". Then the kid crammed a soldier in his mouth.

That is funny.

Zac had this really cool sports drink type bottle at the hospital that the ex-wife got him. It had our last name embossed on the bottle. I told him I was jealous and I wanted one. He told me I needed to get one that said the best grandpa in the world "and I'm not just saying that so you'll keep bringing me stuff." Made my day, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3383059;
    . . . I asked the Dino if he wanted some oatmeal and in a deep, deep seven year old voice the dino shoot his head and said "no thanks, I only like meat". Then the kid crammed a soldier in his mouth.
    Maybe it's just the sicko in me, but I find that hilarious, and it has me laughing out loud. Really out loud!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread