+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 107 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

MRD

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Too cute Newf.

When we were newlyweds, before I gave my husband gray hair and beard, he was standing in the checkout line at the grocery store with a six pack of beer. He had almost shoulder length brown hair and full beard and the kid in line next to him tugged on his mom's sleeve and whispered loudly (kids cannot whisper softly): "MOM! It's Jesus!"

My husband said that Jesus wouldn't have to buy beer, he could transform water.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3282669;
    When we were newlyweds, before I gave my husband gray hair and beard, he was standing in the checkout line at the grocery store with a six pack of beer. He had almost shoulder length brown hair and full beard and the kid in line next to him tugged on his mom's sleeve and whispered loudly (kids cannot whisper softly): "MOM! It's Jesus!"

My husband said that Jesus wouldn't have to buy beer, he could transform water.
    If there were a "Cutest things you've heard your HUSBAND say," this would be its premier post!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Yes, well even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

When I was young and thin with long wavy hair, my favorite skirt was long, full, and black with hot pink metallic threads that sparkled. One rainy day I was walking down main street Amherst wearing that skirt and one of those thin, clear raincoats that can fold up into your purse and a young boy walking with his father passed me and gawked and said to his father, "Look Dad - a FAIRY!". I just winked at him. Sometimes I like to think that stayed with him and gave him a sense of magic. You never know.
    Count your blessings!

Yesterday I kiddo was handing out 'fake' cheques to my daycare friends.

Turns out that kiddo had MY cheque book and she was writing cheques for millions of dollars (and other amounts that don't exist) she even signed them! Sometimes it's really, really hard to keep a straight face while you are explaining why a situation is no laughing matter.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When my son was in first grade, his teeth started falling out usually, 2 at a time. This poor child was missing quite a few teeth when his Granny died (hubby's mother). The next time, after her death, (Granny had dentures), he said "Oh Lord! I hope my Granny left me some teeth to use!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

These are all precious! Newf, did you have an evil gleam in your eye when you spoke to the child? And I'm still giggling about fairies, teeth and checks! None of that funny stuff ever happens to me!

My granddaughter got a new toy this weekend. Some VTech educational something or other. It's got all kinds of functions and is a bit advanced for her since she is only 2. Anyway, she was playing with it and the machine said, "Press the letter U." She looked at me and said, "Grammy, it wants me to press the letter ME."

At Christmastime, I am the official gift wrapper around here. Not a problem as I actually like wrapping gifts. So I bought two different kinds of wrapping paper and made sure that I used one for gifts specifically from Santa and another kind for gifts from everyone else.

So my granddaughter was over one day last week and was "helping" me put away clothes. I had a few things to hang up in my closet and she followed me in there. I didn't even think about the Christmas wrapping paper that was clearly visible right inside the closet.

She noticed it, though, and said, "Look, Grandma, you have the same paper as Santa!" Ooops!

MamaC and Lil Bit, such cute stories! Grandbabies are the best.

+ Reply to Thread