+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

I have a shelf elf in my library that goes with a book about taking care of books and using a quiet voice so as not to scare the elf, who hides around the library. The Elf on the Shelf sounds great. My own kids would have loved that when they were little.

This morning in my library I called for students to clean up what they were doing and go to class. I encouraged them to have a great day and focus on something new they learned in class that they could share with me later in the day. I said to one second grade boy (who said he probably wouldn't learn anything new), "you might even learn about something like, Roman numerals!" He answered quickly and a little irritated, "Roman noodles! I can't stand the taste! Why would I want to know more about them?" I was slightly confused by his answer (I was multitasking at the time) until I figured out he was talking about ramen noodles!

Roman Noodles! Kids are cute when they are young.
    Yup, with donuts!!

On Saturday night, all 3 of the kids and my granddaughter went to see the Lights in the Park holiday display. Afterwards, they got some hot cocoa and a big bag of popcorn at the concession shack.

On Sunday afternoon, I was in the kitchen and my daughter and granddaughter were in the family room. I overheard my granddaughter saying, "K...., I love you so much and will love you forever and ever!" I thought that was so sweet!

When my granddaughter came into the kitchen, I wanted to tell her how happy I was to hear her say such lovely sentiments to her auntie. She smiled ever so sweetly while I was praising her and then I asked her why she said what she said.

She replied, "Well she told me I had to say that if I wanted any more popcorn!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This young lady has a future in politics!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We brought the kids to see Santa this weekend. My 4 yo hugged Santa, then proceeded to give him the $0.75 he had in his pocket because "Santa needs to buy a lot of presents so he needs extra money". Santa had a good laugh, but he managed to tell my son that he could leave the money next to the cookies and milk and he'll collect on Christmas Eve.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3251715;
    We brought the kids to see Santa this weekend. My 4 yo hugged Santa, then proceeded to give him the $0.75 he had in his pocket because "Santa needs to buy a lot of presents so he needs extra money". Santa had a good laugh, but he managed to tell my son that he could leave the money next to the cookies and milk and he'll collect on Christmas Eve.
    That's too cute. Santa should have told him to give it to the Salvation Army bell ringers as that's how he gets help to buy presents.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

How cute, desertrose! You must be so proud to have raised a "giver" no just a "taker".

You've got a good boy there DesertRose. When my son would set out the Christmas Eve cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer he would leave change for the elves "because they work hard and don't get anything" Of course it was usually foreign coins and Chuck E Cheese tokens but his heart was in the right place.
    CYA

That's cut DR.

I'm not sure how funny the rest of you will find this but the child's mom and I thought it was hilarious.

Yesterday I had my daycare kids make reindeer out of their foot and hand prints. I painted a foot, had the kiddos step on the paper (making the head and nose) then painted each hand, had them print on each side of the 'head' for antlers. When the paint was dry it was time to give the reindeer a face. I took out glitter, googly eyes and pom-poms.
    I told a 3 1/2 yr old girl to take a pom-pom and glue it to the very end of her footprint.
    She was perplexed... She wanted to know why we were putting a pom-pom on the end of his penis.

(before anyone speculates there is no foul play in the household, she is in and out of the room during diaper changes and knows exactly what both sexes look like and that everyone's body is private)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread