+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 107 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

MRD

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3241075;
    I'm laughing because to my daughter its, "Forty Thieves and the Thunder Chief". It sounds like a mix of Native American lore and Arabian Nights.

We used to watch the movie Snow "wipe" and the 7 wharves.

My husband used to say it was a toilet paper commercial made on the docks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was in the car with my mother and my 4 year old niece. My niece was saying she had the best mom, the best nana, the best daddy, and the best pap. Then she looked at me and told me I was the best Angela (my real name). lol. Take that all you other Angelas, I'm the best!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3240964;
    That's hilarious. I always try to compliment parents when their kids are well behaved in public. . .
    I do that, too. Unfortunately, with all the parents who have no control over their screaming, can't-sit-still-for-two-minutes [ahem] "darlin's," yet still insist on bringing them to restaurants (even nice restaurants), I don't get the opportunity to do that very often.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Call me a grouchy old lady, but I've said a few things to people about the misbehaing ones a few times. I'm sorry, but my money is paying for that restaurant experience too and I don't want to listen to your kid misbehave. I would have yanked a knot in my child's tail.

I also have asked to be moved to a different section of the restaurant too.

One time I was in Walmart and this kid was running around, jumping in front of people and just being a pain. His mom was yakking on her cell phone the entire time we both grocery shopped. At one point this kid jumped out in front of an elderly lady and almost knocked her down. In the produce aisle, he knocked into me and I had had it by this point and I said: HEY! You! get yourself back to your mother's cart and quit running around or I'm calling the store police. Last I saw of him, he was hanging off his mother's cart and not running around like a wild indian.

MRD, you are a grouchy old lady. But justified.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3241736;
    MRD, you are a grouchy old lady. But justified.
    I learned from the best.

I went to lunch with a friend and her two young sons today. We avoided Chucky Cheese but we did go to a pizza buffet which also has an arcade room. Aunt Doxie gave the boys a stack of quarters to play arcade games so that I could chat with their mom. They were attempting to play a game where you have to "drive"...... The older boy (7) was working the pedals and the younger boy (almost 3) was attempting to steer..... Older boy looked up at his mom and said "Dylan cannot drive. He has had too much Root Beer!".
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Yesterday, during our Thanksgiving meal, my 4 year old grandson, had some questions about what we were eating, turkey & ham (pig). For some reason, he is fascinated by what animal he is eating.

He is spending the weekend with grandma, so after a day of shopping, my 14 year old & I picked him up and headed home. The conversation once again turned to the animals he had eaten yesterday. But this time he explained it by saying it was OK, because they were missing some body parts, like heads, eyes, tails etc. He than finished his explanation by saying they didn't have we**ers or butts either.

My 14 year old commented that a 4 year old shouldn't shouldn't be saying stuff like that. I said maybe not, but he is four and does know what a butt & a we**er are. I told him to just be happy he didn't say vajayjay. Just like that from the back seat we hear, "Who's Uncle Jay Jay, and how come I don't know him?"

We both about died laughing and he of course kept asking. Me, being an evil grandma, told him "Uncle Jay Jay" lives a long ways away and he had to wait about 16 years before he could meet "him". He accepted my explanation easy enough, but my fourteen year old claims that I'm, "just sick and wrong"! I so love embarrassing teenagers!

Great response, Sherri!

Yesterday my 7 year old nephew was "explaining" a relative to me ... "My Uncle Alan - you know my Grandma Judy? He used to live with her but doesn't anymore..."
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

All of these stories just reminded me of one that still cracks my mom up. My son was about 5 when he was going on and on about something, I can't quite remember what. I would do it one way and he would say "but grandma does it like this". Then I'd adjust things a bit only to hear "but grandma does this to it". After about the fourth "but grandma....." I said to him in my true sarcastic form "Do I look like grandma to you"? Without skipping a beat he looks at me and says "Well, kinda". That little face and the innocence of the response sent my husband into hysterics. I never asked him that question again.

+ Reply to Thread