+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 107 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

hehe You should get him a pumkin costume!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And traumatize him even more??? Bless his little Punkin heart. I think it's amazing how little boys are "guys" when they come out of the womb! For example, they don't have to be taught how to hate shopping; they are born that way!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3235663;
    And traumatize him even more??? Bless his little Punkin heart. I think it's amazing how little boys are "guys" when they come out of the womb! For example, they don't have to be taught how to hate shopping; they are born that way!
    Unless it's a trip to Home Depot, they ALL seem to like shopping there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3235663;
    . . . boys . . . don't have to be taught how to hate shopping; they are born that way!
    Not with the French! Whenever I get French male students, age 20- or 30-something, they easily outshop the women.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3235679;
    I refer to it as Home Despot. That store gives me a rash

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3235679;
    And the amount of time they spend browsing there makes my trips to the shoe/clothing store look like a passing glance.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3236156;
    And the amount of time they spend browsing there makes my trips to the shoe/clothing store look like a passing glance.
    you know, I would have to say the same thing. I have seen my husband's face turn into an almost trancelike state as he gazes at boxes of parts. Kind of like mine gets in a shoe store.

Canuck, I hate Home Depot. The only time I can shop there is during the holidays so I have something to look at.

There was a hardware store here that was half hardware and half gift shop. I thought it was genius. I could go in there with my husband and we could both be happy. But they closed.

Now if Home Despot (Love that word) would add some stuff that I was actually interested in (I can only look at display kitchens so much), then it might not be so bad. I mean, they can't offer one or two aisles of shoes or candles???

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3236356;

Now if Home Despot (Love that word) would add some stuff that I was actually interested in (I can only look at display kitchens so much), then it might not be so bad. I mean, they can't offer one or two aisles of shoes or candles???
    That's one of the reasons that I encourage my husband to shop at Menards. They actually have a pretty wide variety of items, and I have something to do while he's wandering along, gazing longingly at tools.

MRD

The entire time I've been on FORT this morning (at least 30 min.), the husband has been on the PHONE with Home Depot ordering something and asking questions. I've had a steady drone of him talking about lighting fixtures and metal finishes while I've been reading and posting. He's remodeling a bathroom for someone and so he spends more and more time either at home depot or now, on the phone with them and will use the excuse of: "but I AM spending more time at home" but it's at home on the phone and you can't even be in the same room with him as it distracts him and then he has to tell the Home Depot employee on the other end of the phone: "I'm sorry, I didn't hear what you said, my wife was talking to me", in a rather condescending voice. One day, the person on the other end of the phone is going to be talking to some other body part other than my husband's ear.

My daughter when smaller used to cry when we'd go to Home Depot, she hated it and would beg her daddy not to take her there, but can we go to Walmart instead.

I have to admit I'm in the minority here when it comes to Home Depot. My dad was a carpenter when I was a kid, so I was raised with a strong DIY attitude. I loooove going to Home Depot. Even the smell of the store as I walk thru the entrance puts me in a good mood!!

+ Reply to Thread