+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

My business partner was driving with her kids, and they happened across a new house that was being painted gray with mint-green trim. Her little girl said, "They should have painted it Ohio State colors. You can't go wrong with them!"
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Ohmygosh Newf that is so cute!

I was grocery shopping with the boys the other day. We had just gotten our last item and headed back toward the checkout. On the way we passed a display of piggy banks. Ash my 3 yr old got aggitated.

Ash: They have a bunch of piggy banks!
    Me: (Absentmindedly replying) Oh?
    Ash: (getting noticably upset) But, we already HAVE piggy banks!
    Me: That's right buddy, you do.
    Ash: We don't need MORE piggy banks! They're trying to trick us!
    Me: (giggling) That's how marketing works buddy, it's their job to sell us stuff we don't need.
    Ash: THEY NEED TO APOLOGIZE!

Haha... he's so much like me it's spooky.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Now, if you really wanted to be mean you could get him a new piggy bank for Christmas ... that's just my evil twin speaking, of course!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

hahaha. That would be evil

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

"They need to apologize"... that's fantastic.

Okay two from Little Miss Thing (in the past two weeks):

Buying a card for big brother's birthday, we are scattered about the aisle, each of us perusing for the perfect card. She is in the kid's-card-with-ages-on-them area and finds one with an animal with like soft/smooth textured skin..

She rubs it on her face and loudly proclaims "This card is soooo.... COMFORTABLE!!!!"

We were hysterical. The lady in the aisle with us told us we have our hands full. Yeah, I know.

This past weekend we're getting ready to go to the store, as we're about to leave I, as per usual, ask her which toys she wants to bring to the car. Now, keep in mind she just started Kindergarten.

She says to the room at large: "Raise your hands, who wants to come with me to the store?"

So, I'm cracking up... when I recover, she's looking about the room in various baskets/containers/the coffee table... So I ask her "Okay, babes, who's got their hand up? Who's coming with us?"

She says (with ATTITUDE) "I'm still LOOKING!"

She'd be looking a long time.... .... I just wish her father wasn't working and could have seen that one... Secondhand does NOT do it justice.
    Could does not mean should

My granddaughter has gotten to the stage where she *needs* everything. Last weekend we stopped at a rummage sale, walked in and the first thing she spotted was a doll stroller complete with doll and baby blanket. She ran to it and said, "Wookit gramma! I need this!" And away she went with it, taking the baby for a walk. Luckily it was only $5. That was all she got though, not the stuffed dog or the barbie doll or even the football that she "needed". (She doesn't even know what a football is, but she decided that she had to have it.)

I'm proud of my restraint though. If grandpa had been with, she'd have gotten the stroller, the dog, the barbie AND the football.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That's what grandparents are for!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

VeronicaBelle27 I don't think I'll be able to keep myself from repeating these sometime when I need a laugh!
    Too funny! "comfortable"

LilBit is your granddaughter 2ish? I am so glad Ash is growing out of the "I need that" phase.
    Now everything is "I think YOU need to have that" haha. I got a Fredrick's of Hollywood catelogue in the mail the other day and I gave it to the boys to play with, because lord knows I won't be using it! haha. Anyway, Ash of course picks out the loudest and most tacky dress in the whole thing and proclaims excitedly "I think daddy would want you to have this! You need to buy it for yourself!" I just laughed and said "I bet daddy would like me to have that. But mommy doesn't look like that lady, so it wouldn't be the same. At All"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3232390;
    That's what grandparents are for!
    I agree to a point, but if grandpa keeps buying everything her little heart desires, we are going to have to add onto the house!

Closetnerd She will be 2 on Nov. 25.

Conversation between me and my 4 year old on Friday, while coming back from daycare.

Me: So, did you have a good day, Punkin?
    Him: What did you call me?
    Me: Punkin.
    Him: But my name is Anthony.
    Me: I know, but Punkin is a name you call people you love, like sweetie, love, baby...
    Him, after a pause, and crying: But I don't want to be a pumpkin!

+ Reply to Thread