+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

MRD

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Lil Bit, that was really sweet of those ladies. I used to find that older people would always come over to tell me how well behaved my daughter was and then proceed to tell me how many dinners someone else's ill behaved child had ruined. It's always nice to hear from someone else that you might be doing something right after all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thought I would chime in with a cute story our family loves to tell, this isn't a "my kid said" story, but a my little cousin said....

My mom is a clean freak. Her house is immaculate at all times. She had a small dog years ago, Thunder, and he had bi-weekly baths and little bows in his hair (poor dog lol) and was the best kept dog I've ever seen. It was a family dinner day and the whole family was there, all the other kids were already washed up and sitting at the table to eat. My cousin arrived with her 5 year old daughter Jenny just as we were sitting down. Thunder ran right to Jenny but my Mom ran interference and pointed to the bathroom and said, "Jennifer go to the bathroom and wash your hands" and off she went. We were ready to eat and waiting on Jenny and we looked over into the den and there sat Jenny, in the floor, playing with the dog. My Mom said in a scolding voice, "Jennifer, what are you doing?" and she looked up with the saddest eyes, showing her hands to us palms out and said "But... but... I washed my hands, I not get the dog dirty.."

I told my Mom to take that as a lesson that even a 5 year old knew how anal she was about her cleaniness and she shouldn't be so domineering about keeping things so clean when there are kids around, its in their nature to make messes.. needless to say my Mom's house is still a dirt free zone but my twin boys sure gave it many many years of abuse. Sadly the dog died many years ago. He had a proper burial in a pet cemetery, he was 15. Jenny is at Uni studying to become a veterinarian.

That is just precious!

MRD

Oh, that's priceless!

We took Zac to his first hockey game last night, tickets courtesy of The Blue Jackets Foundation given to cancer patients at Children's Hospital. The tickets were in the nose bleed section and Zac was a little freaked out going up the steep steps as he has a hard time walking. After we had our seats I asked him to hand me a bag that was under his dad's seat. He got up to get it and I made a remark about how he didn't seem to be freaking out. His reply was "It's a guy thing right Grandpa? A man's got to face his fears." Out of the mouths of babes.

"It's a guy thing right Grandpa? A man's got to face his fears."
    Damn right!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Love the new picture of him! I am doing a brand new unit with my 5th graders on Latin-based words in English. I gave them 10 words I thought they would be familiar with and had them look for the meaning of each prefix/base/suffix and then use the word in a sentence. Here are a few - but I've been laughing all day.
    "I will soon do mutation." "Soon my parents will retrospect." "My mom is a prenatal parent." "My sisters live on the mutation top." "My mom revives herself every morning." "I had to revive a book today." "Continuous love the dog was getting." (Yoda!) There are more, but you get the idea. I'll have to revive the idea before I have 5th graders again.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3222181;
    "My mom revives herself every morning."
    Isn't that what coffee is for?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Great new picture, Unklescott!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

MRD

Great new pic of Zac, Unk. And what a kid, learning to face his fears. He will be a fine man one day.

Gut those are priceless.

I have to revive myself every morning too. Like Lil' Bit says: with coffee!!!

+ Reply to Thread