+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;3218283;
    I work in a special ed classroom at the local high school, and while the kid's are 14-20 (state law allows special needs students to stay in school untill they're 21), most have the mental level of 5-12 year olds. Well, one of the little darlings came up behind me when i was on the computer. My hair was up in a twist with the ends loose. The boy said, "Are you having a bad hair day." I said, "No. Why?" He responded with "'Cause your hair is looking crazy" I just responded with, "Thanks Juwan."
    One of the servers at the restaurant where I work told me the other night, "You are really cool for an old person."

I'm pretty sure she meant it as a compliment!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

One of the youth in our Scout unit told my husband, "You're pretty funny for an old guy, Mr. XXX". He definitely took it as a compliment!

We went to look for Halloween costumes the other day and I spotted an adorable witch costume. I tried to talk my three year old daughter into being a witch. "Look Kailey, isn't that witch cute? Why don't you be one for Halloween?" She responded with an adamant no. "Witches are scary mommy. I'm not a scary person so I'm not going to be a scary witch for Halloween. I'm going to be a fairy princess." So, of course she is being a very darling, "non-scary" fairy princess for Halloween.

Shortly after my mom passed away, my Dad invited us kids and the grands for dinner. He was quite proud of the beef stew he had made. When he noticed that my niece (about 9 years old at the time) wasn't eating, he asked "What's the matter, don't you like my cooking?" Her response .... "I like your cooking. It's just the taste I don't like."
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

It is fun to read this thread! I work with kids at an elementary school. Today I heard a teacher ask her class after a student demonstrated a math problem in front of the class, "Class, why do you think she did it this way?" There was a long silence from the group. Then someone said, "Because she is an overachiever?" I don't think the teacher was expecting this answer. It cracked me up from next door!

Cootie & fan,
    Too funny. Part of the reason these are so funny the way they word things. I with a lot of posters here, I just don't know where kids come up with some of this stuff.

As a former toddler teacher, I just LOVE the fact that their "filters" aren't refined yet. Classic.

While I was making dinner tonight, I had the TV on in the eating area. My granddaughter, 5, was over and was helping me set the table for dinner.

All of a sudden that NuvaRing commercial comes on where those "women" are in their yellow bathing suits....and caps....and doing a sort of synchronized swimming/diving thing into the pool and singing that "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc." song. LOL

Granddaughter says, "Oooh, I love this commercial. It is my favorite!" My son was over by the sink and we both just looked at each other and cracked up. Obviously, she hasn't a clue what the commercial is really about.

We had our granddaughter this weekend and she, my son and I went out to eat Friday night. We were walking to our table when an older lady sneezed. Lexie stopped, looked at her and said, "Bwesh shoe". (Translation: bless you) There were four ladies at the table and they just fell in love with Lexie after that. Smiling and waving at her the whole time we were in there. Then when we left, I asked for the check and they had paid our dinner bill and told the server to tell us that we were raising a sweet polite little girl. I was very proud of her.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3219873;
    We had our granddaughter this weekend and she, my son and I went out to eat Friday night. We were walking to our table when an older lady sneezed. Lexie stopped, looked at her and said, "Bwesh shoe". (Translation: bless you) There were four ladies at the table and they just fell in love with Lexie after that. Smiling and waving at her the whole time we were in there. Then when we left, I asked for the check and they had paid our dinner bill and told the server to tell us that we were raising a sweet polite little girl. I was very proud of her.
    Bless those little ladies for doing such a good deed...especially after reading (in the gas prices thread) about your hubby's job situation!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3219873;
    How sweet of them.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread