+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

My son was acting up, so I told him Behave. He replied I'm being heyve.

Heh. My daughter did the same thing 18 years ago! I think I told the same story way back in this thread

I remember my kids saying the same thing years and years ago. I guess kids stay pretty much the same huh?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember a middle-aged woman, once, asking me if I was "being heyve"? And I Was An Adult....although I was a happy one, and one who was prone to cutting up! It totally threw me. (by the way, good spelling on 'heyve'. I never would have thought to do it that way! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We are a bi-lingual household so my daughter is a little delayed in speaking. When she was 18 months (she's 22 months now), she loved stories about animals (still does). I'd ask her, "where is the puppy?" She'd reply "uff" and point to the dog. She'd make the correct sound (or very close to the correct sound) for all the animals and could correctly identify even less common animals.

Finally, I aksed her, "where is the squirrel?". She responded "cah", like she was coughing up a fur-ball. Best we can guess is that she's trying to make the "sk" sound in the word. It's hilarious becuase I'll be driving along, she'll be in her car seat and I'll hear "cahh" from the back seat. "Oh, did you see a squirrel?". A friend of mine, who watches my daughter sometimes was in the car when this happened once and said, "oh, is that what she means? She kept making that sound all the way to the park and I thought she was choking".

Oh my gosh Snowbird that story is so cute and funny!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

My sister was telling me something that happened to her at work and she was really upset, so she was raising her voice. All of a sudden, my 4-year-old ran to me and said: mommy, I love you. I knew right away that he thought my sister was mad at me and came to defend me or make me feel better. He melted my heart. I hope he'll still come to my defence at 15.

Whenever husband and I start raising our voices, even if we aren't angry... we're just getting passionate about whatever we are bantering about my oldest (he's 3) Always says "Don't be silly like that!"

One day we were arguing in the car, not upset, just debating where to eat lunch (I picked last time, its your turn! No! I always pick, remember I picked lunch the other day, so it's your turn!) Then I hear this commanding little voice from the back seat "Don't be silly like that you guys! don't be silly like that :nono) So funny. We have to reassure him that mommy and daddy aren't fighting. They are just joking around!

The weird thing is I have no idea where he got that from
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I work in a special ed classroom at the local high school, and while the kid's are 14-20 (state law allows special needs students to stay in school untill they're 21), most have the mental level of 5-12 year olds. Well, one of the little darlings came up behind me when i was on the computer. My hair was up in a twist with the ends loose. The boy said, "Are you having a bad hair day." I said, "No. Why?" He responded with "'Cause your hair is looking crazy" I just responded with, "Thanks Juwan."
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

My hubby, son and granddaughter went up to the lake on Saturday to get the furniture off the deck at my parents' place and put it in the shed.

After they got back here, we were coloring at the table and I asked my granddaughter if she had fun up at the lake with "GG and PJ". She said yes and said that my mom gave her some milk and cookies and told her some stories, etc.

Then she got a very serious look on her face and told me that she gets really nervous when she goes up to see my parents! I asked her why and she said, "Because they are always yelling at each other!" LOL (We all have noticed how they do talk a lot louder these days....with or without the hearing aids in place!)

My granddaughter thought they were fighting with each other, when that really was not the case!

+ Reply to Thread