+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Mom, I want to be Robin Hood for Halloween.

Do you even know who Robin Hood is??

*eye rolling and disgusted look* yeah mom, he's the guy on the bag of flour!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3018453;
    This is one of the only places I can share this kind of story ...

My nephew has been having "issues" with the poopy portion of potty training for a while (issues as in, he just doesn't want to do it). This week, he's been making progress, successfully going in the potty two nights in a row. I called him last night to congratulate him, and let him tell me all about pooping in the potty. He told me "It was one big one and one little one. Yesterday, I had one REALLY big one and two little ones". Something about that level of description just cracked me up.
    That has me laughing so hard Veruka! I thought it was just my Ash.
    He's day-potty trained already, but every time he goes poopie in the toilet he has to hop off and tell me how many "nuggets" are in there.

"Whoaaaa that's a LOT of em. 1 nugget, 2 nugget, 3 nugget!"

He says so many things that make me laugh, or hold in laughs when they are less appropriate.
    But this one was kinda cute, he keeps taking my wedding rings and telling me
    "I wanna be married to daddy"
    I just keep telling him "you can't be married to daddy because I already am. Don't worry, some day you'll find your own person to marry"
    "But I want to be married nowwwwwww"
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 06-06-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I had to bump this thread up.

We had our granddaughter this weekend and we had been somewhere Saturday and were getting home a bit late. My husband and I were sitting in the front seat of the car discussing what we should make for dinner. My husband said, "Why don't we just have something simple like pizza rolls and french fries?"

Suddenly a little voice pops up from the backseat.... "I'm having gummies!!" (her favorite candy is gummy worms)

She will be 2 on Nov 25 and the way she talks just amazes me sometimes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The child is brilliant!!! Have that child tested right away!!! I am a Gummi worm girl!!!! We are gonna take over the world!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3018650;
    Veruka, I have been on the receiving ends of those descriptions before and they take it SO seriously. Meanwhile I try not to laugh.

We've had some first and second graders in the museum this week. I did a pictorial treasure hunt for them and we discuss objects and their uses instead of trying to focus on "concepts" and a detailed description of periods of history.

Well I have had some doozy answers this week. In the antebellum gallery, we have a plantation lady with a parasol and I ask why might she have used the parasol?
    Answer: "to whack her kids with"

In the general store, I ask what things might be stored in the barrels: Answer: Beer!

And when I asked what things might be made out of cotton (we have a bale of cotton), they told me cotton candy.
    MRD - You reminded me of a funny (but embarrassing) tale from my own childhood. I was the youngest in the family by 8 years, and family all went on vacation to Canada when I was maybe 6 or 7. In our old hotel, there was a portrait of Napoleon Bonaparte, posed with one hand tucked into his jacket/vest. My parents and older sister were discussing Napoleon. I asked, 'why does he have his hand tucked in his shirt?' and my sister said, 'Because Napoleon had syphilis, and it made him really itchy. He has his hand in there to scratch at his skin'. I said, 'Really?' and my sister calls my dad over and says, 'Napoleon had syphilis, right dad?' and my dad said, 'Uh, yeah, I think he did'...My sister looks at me and says, 'See? That's why he's posing like that'.

Fast forward a few months to a school field trip to an art museum. We are being led on a tour, and come across a painting of a man, again with his hand tucked into his vest. The guide asks us all, "Does anyone know why he is posing with his hand tucked inside of his jacket like this?" and I raise my hand and answer, 'Because he has SYPHILIS and he's itchy'.

You could have heard a pin drop after that answer.
    Last edited by onei0091; 09-18-2008 at 12:33 PM.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3200839;
    MRD - You reminded me of a funny (but embarrassing) tale from my own childhood. I was the youngest in the family by 8 years, and family all went on vacation to Canada when I was maybe 6 or 7. In our old hotel, there was a portrait of Napoleon Bonaparte, posed with one hand tucked into his jacket/vest. My parents and older sister were discussing Napoleon. I asked, 'why does he have his hand tucked in his shirt?' and my sister said, 'Because Napoleon had syphilis, and it made him really itchy. He has his hand in there to scratch at his skin'. I said, 'Really?' and my sister calls my dad over and says, 'Napoleon had syphilis, right dad?' and my dad said, 'Uh, yeah, I think he did'...My sister looks at me and says, 'See? That's why he's posing like that'.

Fast forward a few months to a school field trip to an art museum. We are being led on a tour, and come across a painting of a man, again with his hand tucked into his vest. The guide asks us all, "Does anyone know why he is posing with his hand tucked inside of his jacket like this?" and I raise my hand and answer, 'Because he has SYPHILIS and he's itchy'.

That is priceless!!!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3200839;

Oh man! I just laughed so hard that my tummy hurts!! Husband got a real kick out of that too! I guess we need to start being more careful the bizzare things we tell the boys because we're just so sick and tired of answering questions all day.. Ash has got an astounding memory on him, and a few such gems might be coming back to haunt me one day!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

My little guy the first time he was on an airplane becomes very quiet once we're up in the air and he gets this confused look on his face. Finally I ask him what's the problem and he asks me "Where are all of the dead people at?" I look at him confused and ask him what he's talking about. He says "Well everybody said when grandpa died he went to heaven up in the clouds so I thought there would be a lot of people up here when we got here". I explained to him what we meant but I think adults may have lost a little credibility with him that day.

That reminds me of an airplane story. I don't know about cute, but it made me laugh. My 10 yr old daughter went on a plane for the first time in her life in June. She got up to go to the bathroom and when she came back she told me "That was awesome!" Not that I would describe airplane bathrooms as awesome but it made me laugh.

These stories are hilarious!!!

I have an almost 4 year old daughter. At some point I must have told her that she couldn't do something because she was a little girl and needed to be a big girl before she could do it. Now when I ask her to do something she doesn't want to do (like clean up her toys), she will look at me with a completely innocent face and say "but mommy....i'm just a little guuurl"!

Last night we were filling out a sheet for her preschool that was a fill-in the blank type of thing and one of the lines said "I like to snuggle with _______". So I asked her, "what is your favorite thing to snuggle with?" and she said "you mommy". I swear my heart melted. I had to stop and give her a great big hug!!!

+ Reply to Thread