+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Lol I wish my kid would be that cute when she has her "kids say the darndest things" monents...

the other day we went to get food, take out, and I had her drink in the cup holder so she wouldnt spill it. Well Emma happend to be in an overly crnaky mood and when she asked where her drink was I told her, its up here with me. She asked me for and and i calmly told her she culd wait the 2 mins till we got home. So she sighed at me and stated as any normal 7 year old should... Mom, ya know I HAVE needs.

I about died. Sigh.

The other thing shes taken to latey is stashing cash all over the place... I cant tell you how many dollar bills i find all over. I tend to keep a few hundered in cash in a bedroom table for anything 'just in case' its in larger bills to make it a reasonable stack. I went in there to take it out to see what I had, to make sure i was not too much (as if right) and she comes in and said se needed a 20 and a 50 for her stack. I was shocked and asked her why, she simply says.. because i dont have one of them and I think I need them.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 03-16-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

All of these are pretty darn cute!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

THose are pretty funny.

Duxxy, I'm "black toast" intolerant too. My grandmother only made toast that way as she thought it was good for you! I cannot eat it that way.

Firewoman, I need a 20 and a 50 too as I don't have any of those in my stack either!

Those are too funny. Love the stuff kids come up with.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2846085;
    THose are pretty funny.

Duxxy, I'm "black toast" intolerant too. My grandmother only made toast that way as she thought it was good for you! I cannot eat it that way.

Firewoman, I need a 20 and a 50 too as I don't have any of those in my stack either!

Those are too funny. Love the stuff kids come up with.
    Tell you what I told the kid.... when you earn it I will think about it now go clean your room!! to which she told me.. ohh mom.. im just tooooo little!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

A child's logic

We're just eating lunch. One of my 4 yr old boys turns to me and says;
    B: "why is this called a fork?"
    Me: "I'm honestly not sure"
    B: " I think it's because it has four of these pick up things on it"

Rather brilliant from a 4 yr old I think.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

My 10 year old just came out of the bathroom after waking up and told me that she needs to give the Bride of Frankenstein her hair back.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

This is one of the only places I can share this kind of story ...

My nephew has been having "issues" with the poopy portion of potty training for a while (issues as in, he just doesn't want to do it). This week, he's been making progress, successfully going in the potty two nights in a row. I called him last night to congratulate him, and let him tell me all about pooping in the potty. He told me "It was one big one and one little one. Yesterday, I had one REALLY big one and two little ones". Something about that level of description just cracked me up.

Funny Veruka - just goes to show it's all about what we're focused on. I'm overjoyed that my fingernails are finally growing normally 3 years after chemo.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Veruka, I have been on the receiving ends of those descriptions before and they take it SO seriously. Meanwhile I try not to laugh.

We've had some first and second graders in the museum this week. I did a pictorial treasure hunt for them and we discuss objects and their uses instead of trying to focus on "concepts" and a detailed description of periods of history.

Well I have had some doozy answers this week. In the antebellum gallery, we have a plantation lady with a parasol and I ask why might she have used the parasol?
    Answer: "to whack her kids with"

In the general store, I ask what things might be stored in the barrels: Answer: Beer!

And when I asked what things might be made out of cotton (we have a bale of cotton), they told me cotton candy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My cousin has a 5 year old daughter and a 3 week old daughter. I took my three year old niece to visit them last weekend. My niece, Evelina, is a little shy, and she's definitely not used to "roughhousing". She and the 5 yr old were playing nicely, and then something happened, and my niece didn't want to play anymore. She calmed down and they were playing again. She got upset again, and wanted to stop again. My cousin's five year old was quite confused about all this back and forth, and had a funny look on her face. Her grandmother asked her what was wrong and she said "Evelina has me on an emotional roller coaster!" I tried so hard not to laugh, but I couldn't help myself. Evelina said in her defense "I didn't put her on anything!" And then we all were laughing for about 10 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread