+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

reberr, you're story makes me think of my BIL's niece. When she was born her mum stayed home to take care of her, then after a year it was her dad's turn. But she (at around one year old) figured that "Dad" was the one who went to work whereas "mum" stayed home. Her dad was not pleased when she started calling him mum. But then when the mother came home she got the roles right.

But I must say, it was very logical of her, at one nonetheless. I haven't seen her since this summer, when she was two, but she's really bright and well-behaved, it's so much fun playing with her, because if you try to teach her something she really will listen and learn. (Plus I love the fact that I see her just a couple of times a year and she's not shy or anything)

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

So yesterday, my mother was helping me out and taking my youngest daughter (age 10) to school. Daughter was complaining that she forgot to show her older sister her new pinch. My mom asks, "New pinch?" She's sure it's slang for something... Lil bit explains that it is this really neat pinch she learned at school (!!??!!) and she had meant to show her big sis. My mom, knowing I've been having issues with the girls fighting lately, tells her it probably isn't a good idea to pinch big sis, because then big sis will pinch her back. They proceed to discuss this for a few minutes, debating the pros and cons of pinching big sisters, when my mom suggests showing big sis the pinch by demonstrating it on herself. Lil bit gets this incredulous look on her face and says, "But Granny, then she won't know how much it hurts!" My mother, bless her heart, said she was laughing so hard at that moment she almost missed the under-the-breath muttering "Why else would I give away the secret pinch if I don't get to use it."

That's a great story! Awww kids.......gotta love them!
    Yup, with donuts!!

One of my friends called my house yesterday while I was out. My daughter told her I was out and would call her when I returned home. In the meantime, my son and his daughter stopped by to visit.

So I get home and daughter tells me that my friend called. Her exact words were, "Mom, one of your friends called and I told her that you would call her back." okay, fine, I'll check caller ID to see just who called me.

My granddaughter looked at me with quite the surprised look on her face and said, "Grandma, YOU have friends???"

I guess I always ask her about her little friends in her preschool, neighborhood, etc., but never mention that I do, in fact, also have some friends!

That's precious MamaC. We take so much for granted. When I do a unit on the 60s and tell my middle schoolers that I was their age when it was all going on. At one point I ask what they have now that I didn't have then... I get guesses like, electricity, cars, telephones, tv. Hello? Do I really look THAT old?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There were 2 kids in front of my house yesterday (neighbor's kids), about 5 years old, singing. They were out there belting out "Mustang Salad" in their most gravelly voices!! They even had dance moves to go with it!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love when little kids do stuff like that. I miss those things. My son is too old to do song and dance although I have caught him singing in the shower!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm glad I popped in here today. Gave me many chuckles and smiles. Thank you all for that!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2771595;
    Hello? Do I really look THAT old?
    Probably depends on the weather, like me.

Today I was reaching over my little guy to buckle the baby into her seat beside him. He gave me a funny look and said, "Hey girl, you're squishing my leg." Girl???
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread