+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

MRD

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2766411;
    This was quite a while ago, but I just remembered it. A couple of friends had a little boy, probably about 4 years old. This cutie brat was named after his dad, and thus, called "Baby Joe". His mother and I were standing outside talking one day, and he asked why he had to be called Baby Joe....why couldn't he just be called "Baby Rambo"! His 2 older sisters just stopped, dead in their tracks, and stared at him.

Kids are amazing critters!
    Too funny. I always feel sorry for kids that get known as "little so and so". They often grow up to be bigger than the "big so and so" but still get called "little".
    We have a friend that is pushing 50 and is STILL called "little Bert" by most people. He loves it as you can imagine.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My neighbor's son just got home from pre-school. He's outside and another kid was walking with an umbrella. He says, I like your umbrella! The boy says thank you and my neighbor's son says, You're welcome in the cutest little voice! Makes me melt.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2766569;
    Too funny. I always feel sorry for kids that get known as "little so and so". They often grow up to be bigger than the "big so and so" but still get called "little".
    We have a friend that is pushing 50 and is STILL called "little Bert" by most people. He loves it as you can imagine.
    Yeck! - When I was a kid, my older brothers friends would always call me Little Fred, why I have no idea, because my name is Paul. Well one day I just had it up TO THERE and and I yelled back and said well he's the one that's REALLY LITTLE FRED since he's a JUNIOR. Got my butt whupped that day.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2766995;
    Yeck! - When I was a kid, my older brothers friends would always call me Little Fred, why I have no idea, because my name is Paul. Well one day I just had it up TO THERE and and I yelled back and said well he's the one that's REALLY LITTLE FRED since he's a JUNIOR. Got my butt whupped that day.
    My dad was a junior and he got called Claude Junior until he died. His father had been dead 40 years and he was still being called Claude Jr.

We obviously have no imagination in our family as everyone is named Claude, Claudia, John, Mike, Lucy or Adella. There have been 3 Claudes and me, Claudia, 2 Johns, 2 mikes, 3 Lucy's and 2 Adellas.

I will always think of you as Little Fred now, Gabriel.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2767053;
    My dad was a junior and he got called Claude Junior until he died. His father had been dead 40 years and he was still being called Claude Jr.

We obviously have no imagination in our family as everyone is named Claude, Claudia, John, Mike, Lucy or Adella. There have been 3 Claudes and me, Claudia, 2 Johns, 2 mikes, 3 Lucy's and 2 Adellas.

I will always think of you as Little Fred now, Gabriel.
    Oh Yeah? well take this!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2767076;
    Oh Yeah? well take this!
    Hah! I've got one of those too now! You don't scare me.

I couldn't call you Little Fred anyway. We have a friend named Fred and that's who I think of when I hear that name.

By an odd coincidence, my nickname was Fred when I was a wee small lad. There is no known way to connect it with my given name, but my brother tells me that it derived from Mighty Manfred, Tom Terrific's dog.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2767283;
    By an odd coincidence, my nickname was Fred when I was a wee small lad. There is no known way to connect it with my given name, but my brother tells me that it derived from Mighty Manfred, Tom Terrific's dog.
    I LOVE Tom Terrific and his dog. That was always one of my favorite parts of the Captain Kangaroo show. I miss the Captain and Mr. Green Jeans and Bunny Rabbit and Mr. Moose and the ping pong balls.

Ha, I got a jeopardy question the other night that was about Kukla, Fran and Ollie. My husband looked at me like I had pulled a star from the sky. He said HOW on EARTH did you KNOW THAT?

I used to watch that show too.

I had a kid at the museum this week tell me that "women aren't supposed to know this stuff". Meaning tanks, airplanes and poisonous gas as that was what I was talking about in relation to WW I. Every chaperone cringed when he said it. I thought it was funny, but I did set him straight rather quickly.

my 4-year-old cousin came to my graduation and he was like "whatta heck is that on your head?!" I couldn't even tell him that it was a graduation hat because I just started to laugh. it was cute.

once I saw some documentary about Chinese kids.. I always remember when the the one kid said: "the difference between mom and dad is that mom has long hair and dad doesn't." then the interviewer asked the kid what if the dad has long hair too? "then dad can give birth too!"
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

+ Reply to Thread