+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    She said cheerfully, "That's okay mom. Blood is my favorite color."
    What makes it even funnier is when they aren't trying to be funny!

I think it was thoughtful of her to help clean up!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Validation! When my daughter was learning to speak, even though she had fire trucks in books that we read to her every day, to our horror it came out of her mouth as f***truck. Clear as day. One particular time she was excitedly yelling it at the top of her lungs to point out one driving by. We were in the park, and you can bet we got some looks.
    Heh... my cousin's son had a similar problem, too. When he was 4 he had these really cool hiker boots that had dumptrucks on the soles. Before I knew that, Jacob came up to me at my cousin's encouragement and lifted up his boots to say with pride, "Look, Wenny, I have dumbf**ks on my shoes!"

I about died!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Back when I was a stay-at-home mom and had never touched a computer, my daughter's kindergarten class sent home a request for parent voluteers in the computer lab. I had to decline. Later in the week when I was speed-typing something (on an actual typewriter), my 5 year old accused me indignantly, "You do TOO know how to use a computer!"
    Count your blessings!

This isn't really something said, it was written. My daughter drew me a card yesterday saying I love you, Mommy. Inside on the left it said "I love you, Mommy. From Sarah" On the right she wrote "so here you go"

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I am a compulsive shopper. I had a niece who lived with me from ages 2-5. When she was about 3 a friend and I went to the mall and took her with us. I was looking at school clothes ( so she was 4 ) and kinda wandered but my friend had her in the stroller and they were chatting away...and all of the sudden I hear this hysterical laughter. My friend walks over and asked me if I minded if she bought a pair of pants for my niece. ok...What was so funny? My friend told me Cheyenne fell in love with the pants and asked how much they were. So? My friend said she didn't want the pants because they wern't on sale!!! Cheyenne told her they cost too much, where''s the clearance rack? I was so proud!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I sat watching my son-in-law James trying his best to talk Devy my 4 year old grandgirl into eating her vegetables one night. I guess she had also gotten in trouble during the day because I heard him say.." OK Devyn, I'll make a deal with you. You were suppose to get punished after dinner, but if you eat your carrots, I'll forget about the punishment." Boy what a choice. I've never felt so sorry for a kid in my life. You could just see her mind trying to pick the lesser of two evils. She sat there for a really long time, looked up at James and said, " You know what Daddy...if my name was James...I would like these carrots...but my name is Devyn."

I had to leave the room......really fast.
    The stars at night...are big and bright

When Rogan was 2 1/2 he woke up one morning and his nose was all stopped up. He sat there trying for all he was worth to get air into that nose when he looked up at his Mamma and said, " Mommie...my nose is broken. "
    The stars at night...are big and bright

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    When my oldest son was learning to talk we had a friend named Harlow. Every kid liked him for some reason and Wyatt was no exception. We were coaching him to say "dad" and he got this bright look on his face and turned pointing and said clear as day "Haaarrwoooow" I thought I was going to die of laughter.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

When my little cousin wants you to pretend you are sleeping, he yells "Take a sleep!" -- clearly some combination between take a nap and go to sleep!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

My oldest nephew is 12 now, but when he was 3 I took him to a playground where we ran into a family friend and her 3-year old. I mentioned that my nephew had just turned 3 the day before and she said her little boy would be turning 3 in a couple of weeks. To which my normally shy nephew replied somewhat haughtily: "I'm three-er than you!" And he remains competitive to this day.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread