+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

MRD

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

That is too funny about the turtles. I think as adults we forget that children are SO literal and I know that I've had that come back to bite me before when I take that for granted.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So true, so true! My son asked me about my best friends husband's name. It is Harold. My Sonny-boy asked me, very straightfaced, why they called him Harold when he didn't have any hair!!! I'm just so glad we were alone when he asked me that! My best friend's family were the babysitters!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2592072;
    So true, so true! My son asked me about my best friends husband's name. It is Harold. My Sonny-boy asked me, very straightfaced, why they called him Harold when he didn't have any hair!!! I'm just so glad we were alone when he asked me that! My best friend's family were the babysitters!
    My grandmother's sister asked me not to call her "Aunt Dot". I was maybe 4 at the time. I asked what I should call her and she said: "Just plain Dot".

So that is EXACTLY what I called her until she begged me to stop and go back to "Aunt Dot".

Also, my parents were watching Lyndon Johnson's daughter get married at the White House. I was again, about 4 and my dad says: "One day Daddy's going to give you away like that". My mom says I wailed for half an hour: "PLEASE don't give me away".

I just remember that my daughter had a very hard time understanding "subtleties". She was SO literal about everything for the longest time. And I guess I was too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My husband is very "country". He says things like "it's over yonder" for example. There are hundreds of them but I didn't realize that it was a problem till our six year old asked my a while back what language that as that grand daddy speaks.

The moon was vey big and beautiful on Friday night. On the way home from an activity, my son and I started talking about moons. My son asked me how many moons were on Uranus. So I laughed and said that there were no moons on my anus. This led to a discussion about what an anus was. Then he asked me about other words for penis. So I said pee-pee and ding-dong and he said weiner dogs. I asked him "weiner dogssss??" And he said yeah. So I said "how many weiner dogs do you have if there are more than one?" And he said "Eight. Seven on my head and one on the usual place." What the? He's seven!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2592184;
    My grandmother's sister asked me not to call her "Aunt Dot". I was maybe 4 at the time. I asked what I should call her and she said: "Just plain Dot".
    I grew up with "Auntie Sue" - she was my grandmother's cousin and we had lunch with her every other Sunday. Food was wonderful. When she passed away, and I attended her funeral, I realized that her name was actually ANNIE SUE. I still can't get over the fact that in thirty years of me calling her Auntie Sue, she never corrected me. LMAO - her husband, Woodrow, had a pet pig named Bo-Diddley and he actually brought Bo (the pig) to my 4th grade classroom for "show and tell".
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I bet she loved you calling her Auntie Sue, doxie. Too precious to correct.
    Count your blessings!

I had an Aunt Louise. Aunt Louise's mother (my grandmother) also had a sister named Louise. So Aunt Louise had an Aunt Louise, and I had an Aunt Louise and a Great-Aunt Louise. For some reason (and I really don't know why), my sisters andI called our Aunt Louise "Aunt Louise", but we called Great-Aunt Louise "Aunt Wee-Wee". We never thought there was anything strange about that until my sisters and I were all adults, sitting around talking one night. We were talking about family things, when all of a sudden one of us said, "So canyou imagine what people must have been thinking when we're running around in public calling her Aunt Wee-Wee?"

The conversation kind of went downhill from there.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Since we're talking about funny family names...I have an aunt Sue who is like a 2nd mom to most of my extended family...she practically raised alot of us during the summers. We would go and stay with her for weeks at a time and play with her baby piglets and baby chicks and help her in her garden and help her snap beans, etc. Everyone calls her Mama Sue.

My little nephew comes along and he hears all of us calling her Mama Sue. One day we were talking about going to visit her and he says "I want to go see Mama Soup"!!! We died laughing when he said that...for 39 of my 41 years I've been calling her Mama Sue but she's now got a new name and she loves it!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My grandfather was called "Pepaw" by all the grandchildren - probably as a result of the first grandchild not being able to say "Grandpa". It wasn't until we were all grown and starting families of our own that we learned he hated that name. Always makes me sad to know that.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread