+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 107 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

I just spent 10 min. thinking about how our number system would work if it was based on 14 instead of 10. *goes to get more coffee*
    Count your blessings!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Gutmutter...you've said some of the cutest things I've heard.

Hmm. And like the kids in this thread, I was perfectly serious.
    Count your blessings!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

See...there ya go again!

Yesterday my son and I drove past a sign that said "caution blind driveway". When he read the sign he commented about how sad that was. I asked him what he meant and he replied that it was just sad that the person who lived there was blind and couldn't see when they were backing out of the driveway. Needless to say I about died laughing, asked him if he really thought a blind person would be driving a car and explained what the sign actually meant. He of course was quite embarrassed, but he got a good ribbing the rest of the day from the rest of the family. By the way, he's 13 and not blonde!

I pick up my 5 year old grandson from Kindergarten often. I usually give him a snack when we get to my house. Friday the only think I had was some mini-tootsie roll pops. I gave him three. When he wanted the fourth I told him "your mom will be upset with me if I give you more candy" He said..."no she won't, just tell her you didn't have any more food."

I guess to my grandson, fruit and veggies don't count as food
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I was just grading my weekly Spanish quizzes (7th grade) and one sentence they had to translate from Spanish to English translated to "Hippos don't have shoes." Most kids did just fine with that one, but one little girl translated it to 'Hippos don't have zippers." I couldn't figure out how she got that since the word for "zipper" isn't even close. Then I realized the word in Spanish is "zapatos". Well, I do tell them to look for cognates... and hippos DON'T have zippers.
    Count your blessings!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Claire (8) said to me this morning "Potatoes would always win the eye contest, because they have so many eyes and they can't blink" (we call a staring contest that you can't blink "the eye contest"). I almost fell out of my chair laughing

My boyfriend was telling me about his sister and his nephew. His sister went to take her 3 year old son to the pediatrian to get a hearing screening. The doctor said "I'm going to let you decide what you'll say to me when you hear something: turtle or butterfly." So her son said "TURTLE!"

During the screening, the boy said nothing - even though the mother knew that he was hearing something. The doctor decided to reschedule it. While loading up her son in the carseat, she asked him "why didn't you say anything when you heard the noise". His reply: "I didn't hear any turtles".

After laughing over this, his sister asked what a turtle sounded like and he made some really goofy noise.

Too funny Callie. Too bad they didn't ask him that in the doctor's office.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread