+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 107 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2527282;
    Yet another beach story, but this one's really cute. First picture me sitting up high in the tall white guard chair. A little girl, 4 or 5 kept looking up at me worridly all morning. I wasn't blowing my whistle a lot or anything, so I wasn't sure why. I smiled and waved once and she looked away. When I went to the bathroom on my lunch break she was waiting outside a stall for her mother. She looked me right in the eye and asked, "Are you a giant?"
    Oh, Gut the Giant, I'm going to miss all these quips when your season ends and you go back to your 'real' job. That's adorable - and poor Marco - I'm afraid he's going to hear that everytime he's around water for the rest of his life.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My best friend and her kids visited us over the weekend. Youngest daughter Olivia is almost 7 and proudly showed me the gap where she lost her lower front tooth. I asked her if he tooth fairy had visited her and she replied "HE left me a dollar"... Then, she showed me another loose tooth and said that "HE will leave me another dollar soon".... I couldn't resist - so I asked her if she was sure that the Tooth Fairy was not a girl.... Her response was "He is little and blue and that's how I know he is a boy..... "
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Heh. I thought it was going to be some mix-up with the "snack fairy" commercials.
    Count your blessings!

Doxie, that's cute and reminds me of how my daughter would separate her crayons into girl and boy colors (basically girl colors were pastels and boy colors were bold primary colors). It used to really tickle me how she'd go through great pains to keep them separated (because you know that's how the boxes grew from 8 crayons to 64).

When I was young my older sister and I shared a bedroom, and when the tooth fairy came for one of her teeth, she actually 'saw' her. I still remember her vivid description of her the following day, and how upset I was that I had slept through it. Years later mom told us it was all she and my dad could do to not break out into laughter.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My middle son (15) is carting my youngest son (5) around on his shoulders and my little guy had his body pretty much wrapped around his brothers head. He yelled for me to come "look at Dylan's new hat"..

He also asked the neighbor girl to marry him. She is 17. He adores her. She asked where they would sleep and he said he would share his bed....which is a toddler sized daybed.

Many of my extended family members were up at the lake over the weekend, including my 4-year-old grandaughter and my sister who lives in WA state.
    Since sis lives so far away, she has only seen my granddaughter 2-3 times in the past, the last time being over 2 years ago when she really wasn't talking and was not as outgoing as she is nowadays.

Anyway, my sister brought in some individually wrapped chocolates with her from Seattle. She put a bunch of them in a bowl and set them on the table. After being passed around, the chocolates ended up in front of my granddaughter. After a short time, she says, "Look, everybody! There are only two pieces left!" My sister, sitting across from her said, "Ooh maybe I will have one of them and you can have the other."

My granddaughter looked at her soooo seriously and just said, "The rest are in the kitchen, you can get your own!"

She was NOT being bratty at all, just totally cute in her reply. We all cracked up because it was such an unexpected response!

I just love this thread. Kat and Mama, your stories are just adorable. I put a story about a neighbor boy in the pet thread but it would fit in here, too. It is so true that kids say the darndest things.

LOL I just got done reading it, Roseskid, and thought to myself, "That should be over in this thread too!" I can just picture that little boy, with eyes wide, thinking and saying what he said! Too cute!

I love the way kids learn language, as well. I still remember glancing sternly down at my toddler (many years ago now) and telling her to behave...sounding like "BE-HAVE" (two words). She looked up at me and said "I am being have."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2550673;

He also asked the neighbor girl to marry him. She is 17. He adores her. She asked where they would sleep and he said he would share his bed....which is a toddler sized daybed.
    My nephew has a "neighbor fiancee" too. He's 3, the little girl down the street is four. A few weeks ago she came down to play with him, and told my sister and me that everytime she comes over he stops and looks at her because she's his girlfriend. I asked if he was her boyfriend, and she said yes. The one of us asked if she thought she'd marry him someday. She thought for a second, and said "Yes. He's younger than me, but I'll wait for him".

+ Reply to Thread