+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Okay...only one more. Too funny Babs...one of my kids did something similar. She was about 18 months to 2 years old and she would always ask for a glass of "hoyse". We figured out it meant water but didn't know why. One night at dinner I looked at my husband's glass . He likes to drink a very large glass of water at dinner and he had a beer stein with a "horse" embossed on it. To this day when we want water we call it a "glass of hoyse".

PS. I am loving ALL of these stories. What a hoot!
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 11-16-2005 at 06:32 PM.

When my grandson Rogan was 4 his little friend Clay came to spend the night.

Rogan was going to try and be the little gentleman and INTRODUCE Clay to me. But he had only one problem. That pesky work "introduce" had slipped away.

He kept saying, "Clay I would like to intra....intra..."

Finally he just gave up and yelled..." Well Clay, aren't you going to tell my Nonnie who you are."
    The stars at night...are big and bright

Oh I have a million of these ...hehehe

When my granddaughter Devyn was 3...her favorite thing in the whole world was to jump on beds. She didn't even care who the bed belonged to. It was there for only one reason. But after her Mommie had remade all the beds in the house for the third time she grapped Devyn by the hand and not so calmly told her that if she jumped on ANY bed in the house again...it would guaranted her the dreaded... "spanking."
    It wasn't long before we all heard the squeak, squeak, squeaking and I was shaking my head and thinking..."poor Devy"... as my daughter started down the hall. Suddenly, we all heard this loud crash as the bed came tumbling down to the floor.
    The next thing we knew Devy came running down the hall, grabbed her Mothers hand and yelled..." Come on...we have to get out of here...the house is falling down."

That was the first time I'd peed my pants in a long time.
    The stars at night...are big and bright

This morning I was cut off by and old man turning into a parking lot. After he sped up to cut me off, he suddenly started driving 1 mile and hour and was waiting for other cars to go when he had the right away. After a few minutes of trying to drive a very short distance, I got a little frustrated and said, "Hurry up you old coot!" Well, my daughter (aged 3) was in the back seat and once we get out of the car and see the old man getting out of his, she loudly says, "That's the old coot mama, look, it's an old coot." I guess I should watch what I say in front of the kids.

giz
    Yesterday my son and I were waiting for his classroom door to open (he's in kindergarten), and I gave him a little pat on his bum (he was hugging me at the time). He said "don't smack my bum" and I told him I was sorry, it was a gentle pat and it's because his bum was there (this might sound crazy, but it was a tap!). He said "okay then" and gave me a bigger hug. Just then his teacher opens the door, and the little fiend says "Mummy spank me again, spank my bum, I love it when you spank me!"

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Giz and Applesauce!!!!

Claire said to my mother last night "Grandma, I'm on Mrs. Cook's payroll because I help her teach" (Mrs. Cook is her 1st grade teacher)

These are so cute-I love to laugh at work!! I remember my youngest when he was starting to talk. My mother, who has always been a "veddy proper lady", came to visit us. We were talking in the living room when all of a sudden an fire truck and ambulance went down the street. Chris got very excited and started shouting "f***" and pointing wildly at the windows. ( My mom, to this day, thinks I was cursing in front of my kids! )

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oh man. This thread has given me the best laugh/cry that I haven't had in a longgg time.

Keep sharing everyone, this is a great thread!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I agree! I have been laughing so hard. Last night as hubby and I were falling asleep, I remembered some of these posts and started laughing out loud in bed. I had to get up and show him what was so funny
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    These are so cute-I love to laugh at work!! I remember my youngest when he was starting to talk. My mother, who has always been a "veddy proper lady", came to visit us. We were talking in the living room when all of a sudden an fire truck and ambulance went down the street. Chris got very excited and started shouting "f***" and pointing wildly at the windows. ( My mom, to this day, thinks I was cursing in front of my kids! )
    Validation! When my daughter was learning to speak, even though she had fire trucks in books that we read to her every day, to our horror it came out of her mouth as f***truck. Clear as day. One particular time she was excitedly yelling it at the top of her lungs to point out one driving by. We were in the park, and you can bet we got some looks.

I'm raising a sociopath. I cut my foot on a stray piece of glass this morning right on the doorjamb. (I had broken a glass and I swear I had found every piece, but this one must have snuck under the door.) I hobbled off to bandage my foot.

I guess it bled a bit because when I came back, my daughter was wiping up doorjamb. It was kind of a shock to see her cleaning up blood and I jumped in to take over. I told her I wasn't really hurt and that I would have cleaned it up. She said cheerfully, "That's okay mom. Blood is my favorite color."
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread