+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 107 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Today I was raking the beach which is my favorite part of the day and a girl asked why I rake. I explained that it's so people don't trip and fall and also so that tomorrow people who come to the beach will be able to make new sandcastles. She really liked that explanation and repeated it to two friends who came up. One asked me how you rake it when someone has made a big hole, so I showed them how I rake from all around it and then flip the rake over and pull in the loosened sand with the back and pack it down. By then I had 4 or 5 kids earnestly watching my master class in raking. I felt like a zen master... "Only the hand that erases writes the true thing". Of course yesterday I had a kid who saw me raking down the beach and wailed to his father, "If she's going to rake my castle why did I even bother to maaaaaake it?"
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Precious!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Gut - hilarious post!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

It was all I could do not to ask if he wanted to take it home with him. My mouth will get me in trouble yet. A woman who looked like she had a sense of humor (her husband had a ZZ Top beard and they both had tats) was letting her baby sit naked in the water - a posted offense. I light-heartedly told her that wasn't allowed for the same reason dogs weren't allowed and she got all huffy. Oops.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2522726;
    Today I was raking the beach which is my favorite part of the day and a girl asked why I rake. I explained that it's so people don't trip and fall and also so that tomorrow people who come to the beach will be able to make new sandcastles. She really liked that explanation and repeated it to two friends who came up. One asked me how you rake it when someone has made a big hole, so I showed them how I rake from all around it and then flip the rake over and pull in the loosened sand with the back and pack it down. By then I had 4 or 5 kids earnestly watching my master class in raking. I felt like a zen master... "Only the hand that erases writes the true thing". Of course yesterday I had a kid who saw me raking down the beach and wailed to his father, "If she's going to rake my castle why did I even bother to maaaaaake it?"
    That is sweet!

Yet another beach story, but this one's really cute. First picture me sitting up high in the tall white guard chair. A little girl, 4 or 5 kept looking up at me worridly all morning. I wasn't blowing my whistle a lot or anything, so I wasn't sure why. I smiled and waved once and she looked away. When I went to the bathroom on my lunch break she was waiting outside a stall for her mother. She looked me right in the eye and asked, "Are you a giant?"
    Count your blessings!

Ah, yes. You never know what little kids are thinking!

I suppose it was inevitable... a family came to the beach yesterday with a boy who had to be spoken to constantly, and his name was MARCO! Every time they yelled, "Marco!" someone would yell back, "Polo!". I've noticed that people are quick to mess with other people's Marco Polo games like that, which I don't recall from past lifeguarding jobs.
    Count your blessings!

Thats cute. Not sure if I would be too pleased if I were MARCO however.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I know, huh? I thought about that all day. (It can get boring in that chair).
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread