+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

MRD

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2457188;
    Purple is one of my favorites too. When I was about three, my grandmother had a purple purse and I called it "pupplepous". I was apparently obsessed with this purse and my grandmother finally just it to me , I carried it around (toddler with giant grandma purse - my parents thought it was hilarious) for years. I think I had "pupplepous" until I was about ten.

My nephew is 8 but when he was younger, his favorite word was "MINES" - as in "That is MINES"..."I want MINES food".... The "MINES" part was always screeched at the top of his lungs. Now, it is a family joke. We all say "Come to MINES house for dinner" or "We can take MINES car".
    When I was little I had a stuffed rabbit and my brother would take it (he was 13 years OLDER than I was) and say: MINE. Well I apparantly named it that, but no one knew. Enter the most famous family story in our house. I left it in my dad's car and he went to a meeting and mom went to put me to bed and I kept saying: "I want MINE! I want MINE" and my mom is going: "your what?" MINE "your what?" Apparantly this went on for several minutes until she figured out it was the rabbit. I still have it, its all bedraggled and its still caled MINE. I'm sure many people thought that I was a "slow" child as we would go somewhere and if there were rabbits, I would holler out: "look at the MINES!" My niece called horse's "whizzies". So between the "mines" and "whizzies" we were a strange bunch!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

OK, not my kid, but at the beach the other day a cute little girl was patiently stalking salamanders and putting them into a bucket. When she got to 7 she said, "I'm really on a rock, now!".
    Count your blessings!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2456813;
    Years ago, I would cheat when making dinner and go out to get fried chicken. It was Chester Fried Chicken. He could not remember that name for anything, and it became Chokey Chicken. Took me a while to catch onto that one.
    This reminds me of something my brother used to say when we were kids. My grandparent's favorite place to get fried chicken was KFC, back then called by it's full name: Kentucky Fried Chicken. My toddler brother, no matter how many times corrected, insisted on calling it "F*cky Fry Chicken". One of my grandmother's favorite stories about him was the time, in the middle of a crowded K-Mart, when he decided he was hungry and wanted "F*cky Fry Chicken." He kept repeating it over and over, louder and louder, all throughout the store, no matter how many times she promised they would stop on the way home for his chicken!

One of my favorite stories about my oldest daughter is when she was about two and a half, we were taking a trip to see my parents in Little Rock. We left on a Friday night after work, and got stuck in 5 o'clock traffic on the way out. There was a driver in front of me on the interstate who just could not pick a lane or speed, and in my frustration, I called him an idiot. She asked my what an idiot was and I said something along the lines of "A person who can't drive very well." So the weekend goes on... Then on Sunday when we were exiting off the interstate back home, a driver in front of me was going slow and I sighed loudly. As we come up to the stoplight, windows down, sitting right beside the other car, she pipes up with: "Mommy, is that an idiot?" and points at the driver, whose window is also down. The look on his face was priceless. I couldn't believe she said it, and I quickly rolled up the window to muffle my laughter.

MRD

My niece was with her mother waiting in line for gas during the gas crisis in the 1970's. They got cut off and my neice yells out that he's a SOB! They were in a convertible with the top down. My SIL was embarrassed, but also had no clue where my neice got that phrase from.

A few weeks later, SIL is riding with my mom and someone cuts my mom off and she says the same thing. SIL says: THAT'S where she learned it from.

Remote Goddess, love the KFC story. My other neice could not say truck and of course her older brothers LOVED to make her say truck which did not come out with the TR sound. They used to get in trouble for egging her on too.

FORT Fanatic

I was talking about this topic to my family the other day and my sister reminded me of something my nephew said. She was getting remarried when he was about 6yrs old and he is the only boy so she asked him if he would walk her down the aisle. He said ok but then said " I would rather ride on your back".!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2457272;
    I'm sure many people thought that I was a "slow" child as we would go somewhere and if there were rabbits, I would holler out: "look at the MINES!"
    No, they just thought you had lost your MINE...
    sorry, I had to go there, sorry...

My older sister and I had secret words for certain objects or ideas; we were laughing about it again when we went on vacation. Oddly, neither one of us has ever told anyone else about any of it, so we agreed the secret language will die with us.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Again, not my kid, but overheard at the beach... some Russians were playing volleyball behind my chair. Some of them had good command of English and were helping the others use idioms. One dove for the ball, but caught himself and said, "I almost bit the dust".
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2464627;
    No, they just thought you had lost your MINE...
    sorry, I had to go there, sorry...

My older sister and I had secret words for certain objects or ideas; we were laughing about it again when we went on vacation. Oddly, neither one of us has ever told anyone else about any of it, so we agreed the secret language will die with us.
    That's a good one Queenb. I am sure that I have lost my "mine" a few times!

I like the idea of a secret language. I know that there have been studies on twins that have developed secret language.

I know my husband and I have a few "code" words that we started using when our daughter was small, so she didn't repeat them. We still use them and laugh when we do. Most are just stupid, but they worked when we needed it.

My nieces got my son hooked on the on-line games on the Disney website. He loves to sit and play them all. The other night, he was playing and I was ready to go to bed, so I told him he had to finish and turn the computer off. He did the typical kid reply by saying as soon as this game is over.... Well, he lost and hurried up and 'sneakily' restarted the game. I asked him what he was doing...his reply? "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do". I laughed so hard. I have no idea where he heard that but it was so funny coming out of a 4 year olds mouth. In the end, I had to pretend I lost something under the desk and manually shut the PC off. I lied to him and told him it was overheating and we couldn't turn it back on until morning. He bought it.

I was babysitting my friend's children last night. As they were playing with my son's doctor set, I overheard the 6 year old boy tell his little sister: You ear is infectorated. I tried not to laugh not to insult him, but I just had to tell his parents.

+ Reply to Thread