+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 107 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

MRD

Re: Cutest things you've heard your kids say

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2451365;
    Not my kid.......I was with a friend and her grandkids on Saturday at a fair and she got them cotton candy. The youngest is three and had never had it before. She took one bite and got a funny look on her face and then took another. She then said quizzically, "It won't stay in my mouth."
    That is too funny. We gave it to the dog once and the look on her face was priceless because I really think she was thinking what your friends child was saying. We laughed forever about the dog eating cotton candy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

We went out for my MIL's birthday on Tuesday and Claire (8) ordered ravioli. When we asked her how it was, she said "it's good, but the spicy sauce is burning my esophagus"

Now that is hilarious. how many 8 yr olds say esophagus?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I love this thread. I don't care what kind of day you're having, this thread will make you laugh.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember that I used to use the created word "purple-us" for "purpose". Made sense to me. Fights between my older sister and I were because what she did was "on purple-us". And also, to this day, purple is one of my favorite colors. I got married with lilac/lavendar colors. And, interestingly enough, it is one of my son's favorite colors. Now, explain that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2456482;
    I remember that I used to use the created word "purple-us" for "purpose". Made sense to me. Fights between my older sister and I were because what she did was "on purple-us". And also, to this day, purple is one of my favorite colors. I got married with lilac/lavendar colors. And, interestingly enough, it is one of my son's favorite colors. Now, explain that!

It's a soothing color
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2456482;
    My daughter had a lot of created words. She called the movie theater, the "movie-ator" and motorcylces were "mookercylcles" and fruit cocktail was "Peter cottontail"

The best one though and still our favorite and we still tease her about it: Her middle name is Eugenia and she would tell people her full name, first, middle and last, but her middle name came out: "A Genius". And yes we thought she was at the time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Years ago, I would cheat when making dinner and go out to get fried chicken. It was Chester Fried Chicken. He could not remember that name for anything, and it became Chokey Chicken. Took me a while to catch onto that one. And we went through a time when I'd make pork blade steaks. One day he wanted me to make them, and he kept asking for "pig sticks". Can you imagine how long it took me to figure out what he was talking about?? With a mom to whom "purple-us" made sense, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. That apple sure did not fall far from this tree!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Purple is one of my favorites too. When I was about three, my grandmother had a purple purse and I called it "pupplepous". I was apparently obsessed with this purse and my grandmother finally just it to me , I carried it around (toddler with giant grandma purse - my parents thought it was hilarious) for years. I think I had "pupplepous" until I was about ten.

My nephew is 8 but when he was younger, his favorite word was "MINES" - as in "That is MINES"..."I want MINES food".... The "MINES" part was always screeched at the top of his lungs. Now, it is a family joke. We all say "Come to MINES house for dinner" or "We can take MINES car".
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2456629;
    Her middle name is Eugenia and she would tell people her full name, first, middle and last, but her middle name came out: "A Genius".
    That's great!

+ Reply to Thread